Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is this new election canditate John Bracken?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

was passing out by the tg4 studios today and i noticed an election poster for an independent canditate called john bracken. never heard of him til i seen it. anyone know who he is? does not seem to have many posters up. this is the only one i have seen. is he a late entry into the race for galway west?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

he's in Laois-Offaly!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

why the hell has he posters up in connemara?!!! maybe to do with election debate on tg4 tomorrow????

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

he ran for election a few times in laois/offaly although i remember there being a house on college road with a john bracken shrine in the front window

supposedly had a few musical releases to accompany that..
    i think the picture says it all really

election.jpg

thats him alright! something about the poster you dont forget in a hurry!! fair play to him i suppose for trying to get some media exposure tomorrow from the media presence that will be in that area tomorrow for the debates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭elefant

John Bracken was a cult hero when I was in leaving Cert!

The haircut, the style, the voice, the smolder... the man has it all.

• Advertisement

lets hope he still has a cult following in laois-offaly!! would be great to see him in the whitehouse on st patricks day shaking hands with obama!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

he ran for election a few times in laois/offaly although i remember there being a house on college road with a john bracken shrine in the front window

supposedly had a few musical releases to accompany that..
    i think the picture says it all really

election.jpg

It's still there!

maybe its the headquarters for the john bracken campaign?!! its a bit too far from offaly to be his constituency office!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

One of my friends is from offaly. She took one of his big election posters and brought it back up to Galway for her house. He has jazzed it up a bit since that yellow one...he's now rocking this look...

bracken%20john-election%20posters-001%20(1).sflb

thats the poster i seen in connemara alright

• Advertisement

very disappointed mr bracken was not invited to take part in the tg4 debate this evening!!!

Afterall, he is the vote for common sense

on a serious note, i wonder if he has much support in his constituency? i for one would vote for him if i was in offaly. really stick it to the boys in the dail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Guess what? He has had a make-over:(

johnbrackenind-85x85.jpg

^^ That is the new look on some of his orange posters around offaly now, its just not the same:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Guess what? He has had a make-over:(

johnbrackenind-85x85.jpg

^^ That is the new look on some of his orange posters around offaly now, its just not the same:(

He looks a bit like Josef Fritzl in that pic.

Das Kitty wrote: »

You're right:eek: I knew there was a reason that I wasn't liking it, I just thought I was missing all the hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ioflynn

Why do these independents run? They have no hope of being elected?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    would fritzl be any worse than some of the boyos in the last government?

• Advertisement

Haha, it's so funny passing that house on College Road with the poster up! What a looker he was!!

My friend gave him number 1:P She said he only got just over 600 votes. Perhaps the new hair do went against his favour

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

My friend gave him number 1:P She said he only got just over 600 votes. Perhaps the new hair do went against his favour

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/laois-offaly.html

He got near 700!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement