Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony have authorised a refund for my faulty laptop - at last!

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Some of you may remember this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056132378

I don't want this to turn into another big debate about who was right or wrong or whatever else. Please read dudara's reason for closing the thread.

Sony have finally authorised the refund for my faulty laptop.

Long story short, boyfriend bought me a laptop for Christmas, from the first time I used it it was shutting itself down after 10 minutes or so. Brought the laptop to the Sony Centre it was bought in and was told nothing could be done because the fault couldn't be created and we couldn't "prove" it. Spent days going in and out to Sony Centre with the laptop to be sent home with same laptop by the Sony Centre. I insisted it be sent away to Sony for repair and eventually they sent it off. It came back with no fault found. Got the laptop home, same fault showing up again. Brought the laptop back to the Sony Centre and insisted a refund was wanted. They held the laptop for a few days while they corresponded with Sony on the problem and while they had it they were obviously running it in the shop and the fault finally showed up, they videoed and photographed the laptop and Sony have eventually agreed to refund my money.

This has been going on since the 29th of December. The Sony Centre have said it'll take 10 workings days for Sony to issue the refund to them and them to pass the refund onto my boyfriend. Bit confused about this as I would've thought they should be able to refund the money and then await the refund from Sony but I suppose I'm lucky it's only taken nearly 8 weeks to get this far. According to the guy in the Sony Centre, who was the main point of contact for us on the matter, his boss won't let him give a refund/a replacement laptop until they have received same from Sony.

Thanks for all the advice in the original thread, just wanted to update people with the satisfactory outcome.

Lesson to self - never buy Sony ;)
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement