Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Methods of measurement differences

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey
    I've been asked to compile a brief report on the differences between the ARM 4 method of measurement and the Cessm3 and NRA (highway code).
    I'm aware that the ARM is used in building projects whereas cessm and NRA are civil methods of measurement. I'm specifically interested in the differences in the intricate rules of measurement and inclusions and exclusions of certain elements in each measurement form.

Any help and guidance is more that appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Hey
    I've been asked to compile a brief report on the differences between the ARM 4 method of measurement and the Cessm3 and NRA (highway code).
    I'm aware that the ARM is used in building projects whereas cessm and NRA are civil methods of measurement. I'm specifically interested in the differences in the intricate rules of measurement and inclusions and exclusions of certain elements in each measurement form.

Any help and guidance is more that appreciated

have you got all three documents? its basically a case of reading through them all and seeing the conditions that match each section, so compare the concrete or demolitions etc sections. I cant think of any easy way to find the intricate differences without sitting down and writing out each dffierence as they came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

There are Hugh differences between them with specific differences in item coverage rules or deemed to be included in each item

Other differences include cesmm measuring an item for the supply of concrete whereas the others have an all in measurement

Arm lacks detail on items outside of the main build including drainage etc which cesmm and NRA go into great detail

As discussed previously you would have to pick certain sections and compare

NRA is free online
    Cesmm And arm must be purchased

Advertisement