Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords Manor

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am thinking about moving to swords manor , in swords Co Dublin,
    Am think about buying a house there
    What the are like
    Is it a good area in swords
    Is bus service good
    What are the local and local services like:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Hi Mary,

Swords Manor is a grand place these days.

When it was first built in the early 90's alot of families from Tallaght moved to it as it was something to do with halting overcrowding in Tallaght so it was a bit rough at the start but 20 years later its a different place.

It has a chemist, pub and Spar in the local area and is served by the 41 bus.

Downside is you would have to get a bus or car to Swords mainstreet or Pavilions otherwise its about a 25 min walk down.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I live near enough the manor. Houses are nice and people seem sound - but man o man, I hate that shopping center. very low lighting, always gangs of teenagers hanging round (in fairness, never had any issues with them or anything), major litter, always kids kicking footballs at the cars and shops while their parents drink in the manor.
    The whole place needs to be knocked down and rebuilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Maybe not a reason to move there :o , but I brought a nephew to Swords Manor FC junior soccer academy a couple of summers ago, and the guy running it was brilliant. Great coach and super with the young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055282796

There's a link to a thread about moving to River Valley in Swords which is just opposite the Manor. The two are seperated by Valley Park ("The Jacko") and let's just say it's not a place you'd like to be when it's dark out.

Also I have friends in Swords Manor and they're really nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Public1

Hi ,
    I live in Swords Manor and have never had nor seen any trouble in 10yrs there. The worst you will get is kids hanging around the shops which can be a little intimidating if you let it , but that happens everywhere. Buses into the city take 1hr or so and are very frequent (every 10/15 mins). We also have the X buses in the morning which can do the city in 35mins. The nitelink terminates here which is good if you fall asleep on it !!!
    Its a nice walk to the village and the Jacko is nice to walk in (during the day). The majority of houses are owner occupied , with about 1 in 5 rented . The people are generally really nice and we go to dinner/perties with neighbours etc..
    Any questions give me a shout , and if you want to buy a house here let me know what price you get as we were thinking about moving to a bigger house (family getting bigger !!).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Public1 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I live in Swords Manor and have never had nor seen any trouble in 10yrs there. The worst you will get is kids hanging around the shops which can be a little intimidating if you let it , but that happens everywhere. Buses into the city take 1hr or so and are very frequent (every 10/15 mins). We also have the X buses in the morning which can do the city in 35mins. ).

I live close to the Manor and have never had any problems.

However the lighting around the shop/pub is awful in the evenings, I was there using the bottle bank after a party recently and every small noise made me jump as I couldn't see far.

As for the x bus, the one I get leaves the Manor at 7:25 in the morning and gets to Stephen's Green at 8:15 so 50 rather than 35 minutes, and returning in the evening it's an hour minimum.

Regular busses tend to take 1.25 - 1.5 hours depending on the time of day, apart from very early in the morning or very late at night.

Overall though the bf's daughter has plenty of friends who live in Swords Manor and she is regularly visiting up there and we've never had any problems and nor has she.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

PCros wrote: »
    When it was first built in the early 90's alot of families from Tallaght moved to it as it was something to do with halting overcrowding in Tallaght so it was a bit rough at the start but 20 years later its a different place.

Never knew that. Also, didn't think it was rough back then. But then again I was only 8! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Good location if you drive, nice people(well the ones I know from there:D).

Advertisement