Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNES mod

• 16-02-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtiLpopevs

Anyone be able to tell me how to do this with my new SNES?

Dont really want the 4 player mod but the region switch with the leds is somthing I'd love to be able to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtiLpopevs

Anyone be able to tell me how to do this with my new SNES?

Dont really want the 4 player mod but the region switch with the leds is somthing I'd love to be able to do!

I'll be doing o1s1n's one over the next day or two. I'll post up the usual photos etc :) In the meantime, go over to mmmonkey and have a look at the procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Would you have any idea how to wire up 2 series of leds to switch with the region like in that video?

Would you have any idea how to wire up 2 series of leds to switch with the region like in that video?

Like a dual coloured led, one for each region? Hmm, let me check it out, as far as I know it's quite easy.

I have a dual coloured one but would it be really hard to wire up 2 rows of leds for each region?

No it looks easy, just use a DPDT switch, & use the spare row of contacts. Fit the new led to the system, except don't solder the leg that gives the led power. Bring that power to the spare row of contacts on the switch, the middle pin. Then bring a wire from both left & right pins down to power the led. This way, whichever position your switch is in will power a certain led colour.

Here it is on the Gamecube, different work, but the premise is the same

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/gc-led-2.htm

• Advertisement

Cool, It would look pretty nice now, since I have over 100 various colour leds i might aswel use them.

I have a few switches here but only 3 pins, need to order some DPDT with the 6 pins.

Thanks Enternow, If it wernt for you we'd all be 20% slower than we should be!

Cool, It would look pretty nice now, since I have over 100 various colour leds i might aswel use them.

I have a few switches here but only 3 pins, need to order some DPDT with the 6 pins.

Thanks Enternow, If it wernt for you we'd all be 20% slower than we should be!

Hi praise indeed from Mr. Burton :D But nah, if I can assist in any way I do that's all. Let us know how you get on with it, interesting little touch to the mod.

Yeah I'll order some switches online now, Just gave the the body the first coat of paint too.

Wheres the best place to get them switches online?

Yeah I'll order some switches online now, Just gave the the body the first coat of paint too.

Wheres the best place to get them switches online?

Ebay is a good bet, or Radionics (but Radi can be expensive at times). Maplins etc, all the usual suspects.

Actually there is one thing I can tell you. If the description of the switch has any () in it, it's not the type you want. For instance:

ON-OFF-(ON) means that the 'ON' with brackets, isn't spring locked, and will return to the center when you release it. You'll be looking for ON-OFF-ON with no brackets anywhere.

• Advertisement

They certainly look right, but there's no ON-Off-ON info I can see, send him on a message & ask him do the switches lock in both directions.

They look right ON-OFF-ON is the way to roll. I'd still put the question to him though, as some sellers may not know the ins n outs of DPDT switches :)

He said static in all 3 position, that what i want yeah?

That's it, perfect.

that great thanks, sorry for blowing the head off ya

SShhhhh!

<<<<<<.

>>>>>>.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,206 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, you're all fine and normal in Arcade and Retro..but I come in here and you're blowing the head off each other. I'm appauled. :eek:

I had the same issue trying to find SPDT switches. So once I got some that worked I bookmarked the auction and just buy the exact same ones every time I need them now -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360330325413&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

edit - I don't think they were on-off-on though. Doesn't seem to have made a difference? I hope not..should probably look into that! :eek:

Advertisement