Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming headsets where to start??

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi im looking at buying one of 2 headsets

#1 the tritton ax pros limited edition model the call of duty one 200 euro in gamestop?

#2 the turtle beach x41 120 euro used?

what would you guys go for?

do you have either headset? any problems? would you recommend a different headset?

i had similar thread on xbox forum but not that many comments or help.

meant to be picking these up tomorrow HELP??? cant make my mind up!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I use turtle beach px21's, they're fine for gaming but the sound is quite hissy when watching movies or something quiet. I mostly play COD so its gunfire and explosions going off all the time so its not as noticable, and the mic is fine, you should be able to get theim in game or hmv for about 75-80 quid.

the Trittons are meant to be great but I wouldnt drop that kind of money on a headset if you plan on using it for movies as well as you could get a savage pair of Sennheiser headphones for the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Re the hissing, I had the same time with the turtle beach x11s, I found if you turn up the volume on your tv\in game etc, and turn down the volume on your inline headset controls, it sounds fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I can only comment on the X41's and they are great. I've stabbed many a dude in the face after hearing him 'sneak' up behind me in Blops. And many a camper has tasted my retribution whilst crouched in the corner reloading.
    Also listening to movies in 7.1 is great.They are also really comfortable .

The only thing i wouldn't do is play Dead Space with them on in the dark:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

weiland79 wrote: »
    I can only comment on the X41's and they are great. I've stabbed many a dude in the face after hearing him 'sneak' up behind me in Blops. And many a camper has tasted my retribution whilst crouched in the corner reloading.
    Also listening to movies in 7.1 is great.They are also really comfortable .

The only thing i wouldn't do is play Dead Space with them on in the dark:eek:.

Ok good post thanksbthis helps alot is the quality very good like heard reports they are very unreliable etc?? Actually costs show I can actually only afford the x41s but the black ops trittons DROOL LOL

So I take it you recommend the x41s??? Any views guys??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

you get ripped off in shops. try ordering online for headsets. Sennheiser are the best and most reliable in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I have the Razer Carcharias. Decent headset, not too expensive and very comfortable just another one to think about. They're very good for the price compared to some of the Sennheiser options.

I'm thinking of going for the triton headset bit more expensive but god it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Looks count for **** when its on your head. How they sound is what is really important - that and if they're comfortable of course.

Overheal wrote: »
    Looks count for **** when its on your head. How they sound is what is really important - that and if they're comfortable of course.
    heard they are very comfy and sound is meant to be first class.

Advertisement