Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance in limerick

Options
  • 16-02-2011 4:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

hi guys need some advice on rent allowance and hope you can answer these questions, I am living in a raz house with my wife and child and we have another on the way due in 2011 July when my raz house flooded we asked for emergency accommodation and I asked if I could get rent allowance I was told no and if I left my raz house I would looses everything and not get rent allowance anywhere in carlow. So as I have no family here in carlow we want to move home to limerick and be with my family mother sister’s aunt’s uncles that sort of thing.

1: If I leave to go to limerick and get a flat (or a house) there and it has rent allowance will we be able to get accepted?? I would have left a raz house but need the support of my family in limerick.

2: I have seen the cut off is 605 for one baby and 650 for 2, obviously we aren’t having a baby till July but I want to go now to limerick will I get 605 or 650??

3: I know I won’t get the entire amount but a subsidized amount but if we found a place that was 600 how much rent allowance will I get paID and how much rent will I pay?

4: Also as the cut off is 605/650 if I asked the land lord to write either of these knowing the accommodation is 700 would many land lords do this? What if the rent allowance people find out and will most land lords go along with me knowing they will get paid??

5: how is rent allowance affected by getting a job a CE scheme?

6: does the rent allowance change if its a 4 week rent or 5 week rent as most landlords dont go by the traditional month any more?

Cheers in advance and sorry for it being so long

Advertisement