Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Desire riddled with Errors Help

• 16-02-2011 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

I just bought a new desire from the net sim free and i have had nothing but problems with it since turning it on. I am getting error messages like process.com.sence is not responding and then i loose the home page.
    It can then go into a loop where it keeps restarting or the error does not let me even go into the settings menu.

I look at the phone settings and it has android 2.2 loaded on it.
    I thought all new desires come with 2.1 and updates are by the user.
    This makes me think that this is a refurbished phone.

Has anybody had experience of this before as i am about to put it back in the box, send it back and hope for a refund.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Where did you buy it? Second hand from someone?

If you want to be certain to restore it to stock run the latest RUU WWE .exe. That should leave you with stock 2.2 with latest radios etc. Format the SD card and then it should be "as new".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

thanks idleater
    I bought it "new" from an online eclectonics company.
    sorry but im completly new to this but where can i get the RUU WWE .exe file from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Check out the box, it might say what version of android it shipped with.

Have a look on this thread for details on doing a system restore
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809328

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

macman2010 wrote: »
    I just bought a new desire from the net sim free and i have had nothing but problems with it since turning it on. I am getting error messages like process.com.sence is not responding and then i loose the home page.
    It can then go into a loop where it keeps restarting or the error does not let me even go into the settings menu.

I look at the phone settings and it has android 2.2 loaded on it.
    I thought all new desires come with 2.1 and updates are by the user.
    This makes me think that this is a refurbished phone.

Has anybody had experience of this before as i am about to put it back in the box, send it back and hope for a refund.

thanks

HTC ACE Desire HD comes with Android 2.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

I contacted HTC in the UK and i am sending it back to them.
    Its a new phone alright.
    The problem is arising because the phone overheats when using apps etc. then it goes into meltdown (not literally!) and starts rebooting itself.

Apparantly there a bunch of phones with the same problem, a right cock up on HTCs part.

Im sending it back to them to be fixed.
    Only had it 2 days and im sending back for repairs....joke stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Common with the desire, I'm afraid. Mine had a nasty habit of doing that. Went back to HTC three times, was replaced with a brand new, perfect unit the third time. No problems since and has turned the phone form a nightmare, to a dream!

Advertisement