Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options
  • 16-02-2011 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Apparently, all candidates have their own threads but I can't see one for Noel. If there was ever a bigger populist I don't know who it was. He was with the govt. for 13 years up until he realised he had no chance of being re elected if he continued down the same path.

I think he's in major trouble this time. His vote in 2007 was very impressive but in 2002 it was only around two thousand eight hundred and despite going indo his personal vote has to fall this time around. With no running mates coming behind him, I think Healy Eames will be taking his seat.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A glorified county councillor who is paid far far too much for the little he ever did. His 'achievements' during the 8 years that we paid his fat salary and even fatter expenses could fit on the back of a fag packet in block capitals. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I posted this in the Galway West thread of the General Election section in the Politics forum:

Michael D. Higgins:

Has spoken in 126 debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
    Has received answers to 270 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.

Padraic McCormack:

Has spoken in 94 debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
    Has received answers to 91 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.

Eamon O Cuiv:

Has spoken in 80 debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
    Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.

Frank Fahey:

Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
    Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.

Noel Grealish:

Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
    Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.

Grealish only there for the paycheck?

While I don't think that the above are the only criteria for deciding whether or not to vote for someone, a TD who only speaks 3 times in a whole year, in the house they've been elected to, is not doing his/her job. Personally, it sickens me. If Grealish, or indeed Fahey, get elected then we have a serious problem in this country, and it's not with the politicians. It's with the general public.

What the above does confirm thought, is that whether or not you agree with his policies, Michael D. has to be one of the most honest, hard-working politicians Galway West has had.

Source for the above kildarestreet.com

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can you tell me was Grealish ever with FF?
    I know he was a PD....

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Can you tell me was Grealish ever with FF?
    I know he was a PD....
    I'm not sure if he was previously FF but he definately considered joining them when the PD's disbanded http://www.independent.ie/national-news/pds-teeter-on-brink-as-grealish-holds-talks-with-ff-1212743.html

He doesn't even seem to have any policies this time round, a canvasser for him called around to a friends house and basically said he was anti-goverment and that was it, when questioned about policies he just shrugged. He is someone who uses the papers to make it seem like he is doing something. The final straw for me was seeing him marching at the HSE staff protests against cuts whilst he was a sitting TD, why couldn't he speak up in the Dail about it then and threaten to leave if he really felt strongly about it. Very bad politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

For those who voted him back in, I suggest you google the piece entitled 'Grealish firm had losses over €150,000' about his 100%-owned Galway Glass Centre Ltd. on page 16 of today's Irish Times.

We truly must be the most stupid, ignorant, cynical or corrupt electorate on the planet.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We've had enough politics here for a good while, thanks.
    Feel free to start a thread in Politics instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement