Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you recommend?

• 16-02-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a therapy that could help me? I'm thinking of Reiki but i'm not sure. The last few years have been very tough though a lot of the issues in my life have resolved themselves, I still feel quite tired and deflated, and find it hard to be my usually bubbly optimistic self. I find it hard to stay positive and focus on the future.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its hard for anyone to recommend a system or therapy to you. What works for me might not be your cup of tea and vice versa. There are so many areas out there, I wouldnt know where to start, especially as I know nothing about you. The only thing I would wholeheartedly recommend is meditation, which you dont need to do a class to learn. Yoga is something that I have done briefly in the past too, which you could look into. Maybe one of the more relaxing, meditative types of yoga?

I havent done reiki but know many who have. Go for whatever you are drawn to and dont be afraid to try different things and make up your mind.

No matter what you choose to do, take from it what makes sense and disregard the rest. Every system of healing and alternative therapy has is plus points but may also have things that you cant accept, thats normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Thanks Oryx,

Maybe someone could help with a more specific area I want to look at which is unblocking your throat chakra. I've been told by a healer this is dark or blocked. The more I read up on it the more I believe it to be true as it makes a lot of sense.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Following the theory behind the chakras, the throat is related to communication and your ability to speak and say what you feel. (Hence the lump in your throat when you get emotional).

There are meditations on clearing chakras which you could try. If nothing else it creates a great feeling of calm. You would also need to look at your own life to see if there are situations which are making it hard for you to communicate, or things you arent able to talk about. A 'blocked' chakra is more than just a thing within you, it can have an external cause.
    Before deciding the healer you saw was correct, make sure you can relate to what you were told.

Any energy healing will deal with this, and while I cant recommend one particular type, there are workshops on all over the place, and you should track one down. I know of one in my area quite soon, and Im sure its the same elsewhere once you start looking. The healing house in Dublin and Melt in temple bar were places Ive gone to try different therapy weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Oryx wrote: »
    Following the theory behind the chakras, the throat is related to communication and your ability to speak and say what you feel. (Hence the lump in your throat when you get emotional).

There are meditations on clearing chakras which you could try. If nothing else it creates a great feeling of calm. You would also need to look at your own life to see if there are situations which are making it hard for you to communicate, or things you arent able to talk about. A 'blocked' chakra is more than just a thing within you, it can have an external cause.
    Before deciding the healer you saw was correct, make sure you can relate to what you were told.

Any energy healing will deal with this, and while I cant recommend one particular type, there are workshops on all over the place, and you should track one down. I know of one in my area quite soon, and Im sure its the same elsewhere once you start looking. The healing house in Dublin and Melt in temple bar were places Ive gone to try different therapy weekends.

Thanks Oryx, yeap there is definitely external causes and i'm aware of each of them and how it's affected me that's why it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

If some particular yoga postures and exercises according to your problem do not work than find some able yoga guide. Trying meditation as adviced above is also looking good option in your case. I hope you find some good cure very soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement