Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanges capable of 24mb

Options
  • 16-02-2011 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I noticed when viewing broadband packages on the eircom site, that it often lists NGB Ultimate 24mb package as being available in areas that it is not yet even enabled, the line checker confirmed it was available on my line and it even allowed me to place an order for it even though my exchange doesn't have it - why is this? It seems a bit misleading to be honest.

Is there any way to view the list of up to date exchanges that are currently capable of 24mb?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I noticed when viewing broadband packages on the eircom site, that it often lists NGB Ultimate 24mb package as being available in areas that it is not yet even enabled, the line checker confirmed it was available on my line and it even allowed me to place an order for it even though my exchange doesn't have it - why is this? It seems a bit misleading to be honest.

Is there any way to view the list of up to date exchanges that are currently capable of 24mb?

Hi HellboundIRL,

I have logged this issue with the eircom website team as a few customers have had the same problem.

If you PM your telephone number I can confirm your line / exchange capability.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Thanks Mark, I had you confirm yesterday for me through the eircom support site that the service wasn't available yet in my exchange (Loughrea), I will go ahead and pm you the details again anyway just to clear things up.

However I just received the following email on the order I had placed and it has left me slightly confused...
    Dear Customer,

In response to your recently requested eircom broadband upgrade:

As work is required at your exchange to provide you with the 24mb product, service will be delivered to you within 2-10 working days. The modem you currently have may not be compatible with this broadband product, so we are shipping you out a new one at no extra charge.

Many thanks for your Order

Is there any truth to this or should I not get my hopes too high? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks Mark, I had you confirm yesterday for me through the eircom support site that the service wasn't available yet in my exchange (Loughrea), I will go ahead and pm you the details again anyway just to clear things up.

However I just received the following email on the order I had placed and it has left me slightly confused...

Is there any truth to this or should I not get my hopes too high? :p

Hi HellboundIRL,

Yes I am afraid the Loughrea exchange in galway is not 24MB ready as yet. I have a few similar issues with online orders being processed when the service is not yet available.

I will keep your details and let you know when we have an indication for that exchange.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement