Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Boba Fett figure

Options
  • 16-02-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Smyths today started a promo, when you buy a star wars lego set you get a free boba fett figure (he's white in a little baggie, 5 pieces )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Want...

Need to go to Smyths now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'd heard about this a few days ago, and went in to check this morning and there indeed it was. These things fo for €20+ on Bricklink, though that price will probably deflate a little once this promotion's done. It's not being widely advertised, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sweet, must pop into Smyths over the weekend. On Bricklink they didn't say it had to specifically be a Star Wars set, can anyone confirm?

Edit: Here it is http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=2853835-1
    ...during the original character development, it was planned that his body armour would be white, as can be seen in various concept drawings, but they finally settled on a more colourful design. This 'prototype' white Boba Fett has been the inspiration for figures released by other toy manufactures (e.g. Hasbro) in recent years.

Nice!

Edit Edit: These are going for obscene money on Bricklink. Check out this page:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&q=boba+fett&sz=10&searchSort=P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The little black signs on the shelves in Smyths did specify Lego Star Wars only.

I think I was the first to get one in the Galway store. The Fetts come packed about twenty to a bag, and the bags hadn't been opened, so she almost gave me the full bag before she copped. Had it scanned and everything.

...I would have given them back....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Dunjohn wrote: »
    The little black signs on the shelves in Smyths did specify Lego Star Wars only.

Yup, in cork they would only give them with star wars sets, but at least you'll get one for each star wars set you buy (handy when you have 3 boys!)

• Advertisement

Awesome, think I might invest in a couple, on Bricklink people were saying there was a limit of one per customer but from syboit's comment I'm guessing they're not that restrictive here.

Sweet, picked up two. Got these two sets. I was quite torn, because they had this set for the same price as the two of those combined - but I wanted two Boba Fetts :)

Advertisement