Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That vid looked class! Just saw a vid a while ago with Ken Block talking about his Gymkhana thing, home made obstacle course to thrash his Impreza around and talking bout how it will be in Dirt 3. I'm looking for a good racer for ages, they are either too arcadey or too simmy. Havn't played Shift 2 yet tho. Will be keeping my eye for more details on Dirt 3.

This Group B trailer def has my interest peeked

• Registered Users Posts: 54,385 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anyone see the special edition of this

300 Dollars :eek:

Ya, but that RC Fiesta you get looks f*cking amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, but that RC Fiesta you get looks f*cking amazing!

i wonder does it have a realistic end over end rolling action like the real thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm for 300 dollars it better be some petrol powered rc car. As you can buy serious rc car for that money...

If it will be Argos style rc car with fiesta skin... Well Fu then.

I have to admit, class b rally looks savage. I was newer into rally games, but this looks class!

P.s shift 2 is great. If you bored of your usual sim ( gt5 or forza 3 ) then shift 2 is great thing to refresh your racing boner.

• Advertisement

Heres the impressive specs of the car!

Officially licensed Ford Fiesta body design and Ken Block/Monster Energy graphics
    Officially licensed Volk Racing TE37 wheels (1.9" diameter, 12mm hex)
    Unique green pushrods and toe links, exclusive to the Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta
    Pre-glued, low-profile Gymkhana-compound slick tires molded in a pecially formulated rubber compund for authentic Gymkhana performance and handling
    Impact absorbing foam front bumper
    Adjustable height body mounts
    TQ 2.4GHz High Output transmitter with Traxxas Link
    -Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required.
    -Multi-Function knob
    -Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
    -Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
    -Adjustable steering and throttle end points
    -High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
    -5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
    Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
    Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
    Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon
    Brushless Power System
    Velineon VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control

No motor spec thought... I wonder how much it will be in Ireland? I remember gt5 collectors edition was like 200 eu which made lough even gamestop lads... What was it in the rest of te world? 100 dollars?

So 300 dollars in "Irish currency" 500eu so?

No motor spec thought... I wonder how much it will be in Ireland? I remember gt5 collectors edition was like 200 eu which made lough even gamestop lads... What was it in the rest of te world? 100 dollars?

So 300 dollars in "Irish currency" 500eu so?

Naw thats about 260 euro (forgive if im wrong)

Naw thats about 260 euro (forgive if im wrong)

That was sarcasm. As prices get really "fixed" when goods come over to this island...

Collectors edition gt5 with that merc model costed 200 quid in gamestop. Where's the rest of the world bought it for 100dollars.

That was sarcasm. As prices get really "fixed" when goods come over to this island...

Collectors edition gt5 with that merc model costed 200 quid in gamestop. Where's the rest of the world bought it for 100dollars.

s*it sorry man :o ya same with everyting tho, we just get s*it on with everything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

That vid looked class! Just saw a vid a while ago with Ken Block talking about his Gymkhana thing, home made obstacle course to thrash his Impreza around and talking bout how it will be in Dirt 3. I'm looking for a good racer for ages, they are either too arcadey or too simmy. Havn't played Shift 2 yet tho. Will be keeping my eye for more details on Dirt 3.

This Group B trailer def has my interest peeked

You should be able to pick it really cheap now, definally recommended.

Shift 2 cheap??? its just out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Shift 2 cheap??? its just out!

Ah I misread it as Dirt 2!? :p

Yakult wrote: »
    Ah I misread it as Dirt 2!? :p

Ah haha I was thinking the same, went looking for the Dirt 2 demo on PSN but theres none there, i'm sure there was one before! Does it have a good single player career mode?

load of new Dirt 3 vids at gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/dirt-3/13638

ps. can the thread title be changed to just Dirt 3 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Id consider getting this if it had more classic rallying rather than all those offroad races.

To be honest... It does not look great...

There is that video with celica which looked very average. Multiplayer mods meh... Some sort of arcade stuff.

That class b trailer was savage, but the rest of the stuff is meh.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bump on this, game unlocked on Steam last night so I was playing it for a while.

What a great game!

Pros:
    - Better graphics
    - Better handling
    - More rallying
    - More complex car setup options

Cons:
    - The idiotic commentary in career mode

Always loved the series, DiRT 2 was a step forward for gameplay but a step backwards for rallying, but DiRT 3 has found a very nice level field. Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is this out today or Friday? (360)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Was in GAME and they said Tuesday on all formats.

• Advertisement

Been waiting for this, surprised how quiet the release is being.I'm almost finished Shift 2, wonder if this would be worth a trade, any news of a demo?

No demo I'm afraid but the reviews are all very positive. Just been trying out the new Youtube feature they have (you can upload replay clips directy to your account). Doesn't render in HD at all, only up to 480p

It's a great game though, very stylish interface too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Got it today, its a great game but dont rush to buy it if you want to play online, you need to enter a code into the psn store which isnt working!!

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Got it today, its a great game but dont rush to buy it if you want to play online, you need to enter a code into the psn store which isnt working!!

Can you compare to any other racers out at the moment of its better or worse? really not sure whether to pick it up or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Think the last rally game I played was V-Rally 2 on the PS1. I'm spending more time in the ditch than on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Its an improvement on Dirt 2, seems to be more proper rallying which I prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Great game, way better than Dirt 2 and it looks brilliant in 3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

To be honest... It does not look great...

its brilliant

i absolutely love it

im not a race purist though, i just like them fast and action packed. this ticks all the boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Healium wrote: »
    Think the last rally game I played was V-Rally 2 on the PS1. I'm spending more time in the ditch than on the road

im using a wheel, im no expert but I find you need to lay off the throttle and drive like a a bit of a granny lol

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    its brilliant

i absolutely love it

im not a race purist though, i just like them fast and action packed. this ticks all the boxes

My friend got it yesterday. Biggest reason why he bought it was very silly :). He drives same model ford fiesta zetec-s as o the cover lol.

He said its savage. He would not be a petrolhead like me, but he knows what is fun, so I tryst him. You did not let me down with shift 2 too. Review perfectly hit the spot.

Problem is: I am skinned after paying rent, bills, insurance... Waiting on answer from bank on mortgage today too... Can't afford to spend a penny :(

Advertisement