Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

Any good deals for this?

only one i've seen so far is gamestop for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    im using a wheel, im no expert but I find you need to lay off the throttle and drive like a a bit of a granny lol
    Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

wow. Dirt 2 just never ... did anything for me :) I wanted to likeit but... couldn't.

Dirt 3 is an insta-hit. Great stuff. Add me to your 360 friends list if thats your Dirt format of choice... SendMoreCorpses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

This game is great, tons of content.

The multiplayer is super smooth, feels like dedicated servers. I have an awful connection, and I haven't had an ounce of lag yet. Outbreak and Transporter are tons of fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Really liked Dirt 2 but the lack of real rallying was annoying. Plus everyone saying "Dawg" and "Dope" was too American and silly for me.

This is a perfect balance though the commentary is utter naff, cringeworthy stuff. Doesn't anyone speak English anymore? :pac:

Still, fun game though I really need to get my Xbox controller back off my mate. This keyboard mullarkey just doesn't cut it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking at some online vids like that Outbreak mode just looks like a great laugh, seriously tempted to trade Shift 2 for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I really need to get my Xbox controller back off my mate. This keyboard mullarkey just doesn't cut it

If you can at all and are into racing games try get yourself a pedal/wheel setup, totally transforms your racing, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dcully wrote: »
    If you can at all and are into racing games try get yourself a pedal/wheel setup, totally transforms your racing, trust me.

I know, I've played with them before. Proper job for them but I neither have the money nor the appropiate place to set up a wheel / pedal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Picked this game up on Xbox last night and played a couple of tournaments.

First impressions are good. After a couple of races I was back in the swing of things like I had never left Dirt 1.

Graphics didn't seem as good as Dirt 1 though maybe that's just me though, they're not bad in any case.

This game should keep me busy for a while. Early days but I'd recommended it if you liked the original version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Keith186 wrote: »
    I'd recommended it if you liked the original version.

I thought the vehicles, in the original, handled like shopping trolleys. I take it this is much the same, then? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I don't suppose anyone knows when the PC version of this will be available in shops? I checked GAME, HMV and GameStop in Limerick (in the city and Crescent Shopping Centre) and nobody seemed to have it - I know it's available on Steam, but I'd prefer to have a boxed copy of it (and it'd take me ages to download the game on my internet connection :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Fnz wrote: »
    I thought the vehicles, in the original, handled like shopping trolleys. I take it this is much the same, then? :)

I wouldn't say that no. I liked Tue first one, cars felt a bit like they were on an axis but it was still fun.

A gold "WR" popped up on screen beside my lap time. Did I just break a World Record? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Really enjoying it, million times better than last years but still a bit away from being as good as the Colin McRae games before it when you had the actual rally championship to take part in and had tons of settings for the cars.

The lack of a season to take part in, car settings and the idiot announcer just hold this off from being a classic. solid 8/10 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

So, is it worth getting? I've read some mixed reviews. I have gran turismo, but the rally part isn't great. Does it work well with a DFGT wheel?

EDIT: Feck it, i'm buying it anyway. €35 delivered is worth it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72599627

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Enjoying it, but there really needs to be an option to turn off the announcer voices. They are really annoying, especially the "put it on YouTube" one.

Love the game, but hate the Gymkhana shìte. And the announcer guy is terrible. Sounds like his lines were written by 5 60 year old guys trying to appeal to young players.

And to answer my own question above, its far better than rally in gt5 and works great with a DFGT wheel

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Its an 8/10 for me. Would be a 9/10 if it didn't have the announcer crap and the Gymkhana stuff too.

Its an 8/10 for me. Would be a 9/10 if it didn't have the announcer crap and the Gymkhana stuff too.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Cars handle really well and there's a nice selection there too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Monte Carlo maps DLC out for this today. Anyone going to get it?

• Advertisement

Monte Carlo maps DLC out for this today. Anyone going to get it?
    It came out yesterday, and, lolno. 800 points for... 2 tracks, is it? And 75G? HA!

Tempted to trade in DiRT 3 at this stage. I loved the game, but Gymkhana was rubbish, and they're raping the game with weekly DLC.

Not cool, Codemasters.

anybody using the ms wheel with this? I have dirt 1 and whilst it's a good game the ms wheel is rubbish with it - it's just not controllable at all under any settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

I actually prefer the last one. I thought the drifting was not great in this one and it just seemed like I was going through the motions instead of getting into the game. Kind of like how GT5 is, just playing with no actual in game feelings. I even turned off all of the aids to try and make it original to me, but to no avail

Traded this in today. Not buying into a bull**** weekly DLC system, especially when it's obnoxiously expensive and low on the Achievements. Suck it, Codemasters. I was worried about buying one of your games. Now I won't be doing so again.

€30 credit in Gamestop, €28 in Xtra-Vision. Picked up Saints Row 2 to tidy up some Achievements, and 1200 points for Ms Splosion Man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Healium wrote: »
    Traded this in today. Not buying into a bull**** weekly DLC system, especially when it's obnoxiously expensive and low on the Achievements
    whos forcing you to buy the dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That guy with the annoying American accent bugs the hell out of me, why did they think that was a good idea? The low-key British girl only makes him seem more obnoxious in contrast. Gymkhana doesn't bother me, it's a nice distraction.

Helix wrote: »
    whos forcing you to buy the dlc?
    Never suggested anyone was :) Just wasting my time holding onto it. I've got gold medals in all of the single player part, and I have other MP games to play.

I just think it's lame that they're churning out DLC every week that costs over a fiver each time, and it's content that was clearly cut from the game (since the PS3 trophies leaked ages ago). If they want to do a Rock Band on it, fine, but don't stick Achievements on everything.

I'll keep my 800/900G, and like before I got DiRT 3, avoid anything with a Codemasters label again. Pity, because DiRT 3 was great. But they couldn't just take the great reviews, they had to stick in an online pass and churn out weekly DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Can't stand the gymkhana events, all that drifting, donuts and jumping nonsense. And the cars themselves don't feel right, theres no weight to them. 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never gave this game a go but it's back on my radar with the Complete Edition out now, think it's time to give it a chance but dunno if the complete edition is needed or not. Anyone get this? worth the extra few quid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How much is it going for?

If it's cheap do it, but the DLC really isn't necessary IMO.

Advertisement