Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canvassers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I'm in Blackrock and we've nothing but canvasser ****e! Weve 20-30 leaflets at this stage, mostly for Martin and McGrath!

We've had at least ten people to the door, they seem to be forgetting which houses they've been to becausesome have called twice.

Worst was a few days ago, this old fella calls to the door and my boyfriend answers. To make him go away my boyfriend told him he wasn't voting but thanks anyway. The canvasser started to get really cheeky with him and said "so you mean to tell me after the civil war after all those men died so that you could vote and you're not going to?". My BF said "yeah it's a right to vote, it's also a right not to vote and that's what I'm going to do." The man started huffing and puffing and then stormed off out of our driveway with his arm up in the air! F-ing cheek of him!

From then on my BF has taken to answering the door holding our German Shepherd up by his collar and pretending he's going to go for them (he's really half asleep most of the time and lets birds sit on his bone in the garden...). that gets rid of them quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha scare them with the pooch.. Were in Ballintemple and weve only got one caller so far Buttimore, mer who seemed very nice just said the basic's didnt start ranting but just introduced himself. All the rest have just been throwing silly flyers through the door..

Im going to make my decision on who to vote for tonight for defo. Michael Martin and Enda Kenny will defianlty not be on my list I still cant believe people back them it is like the Lisbon treaty all over again they lie to get votes and wait then the F**k the counrty up. I dont know a lot about politics but I know not to vote for them.

Im either going Labour becuase I think a lot of the young people are going to vote for them which could bump up their chances, and I am half considering Sinn Fein fine some stuff happened but that is always the case they cant do much worse and at least they like Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Slightly off topic but on the election theme...

Could someone tell me where the New Inn National School in Glanmire is? That's where I must vote. Tried to figure out its location via google to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

rymus wrote: »
    Found by typing New Inn National School, Glanmire, Cork into google.

Cheers. I tried that too but got a different location. A consequence of being after a long day me thinks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement