Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hope you celebrated in style;)

I went shopping & bought a pair of size 10 jeans :D

Went to body tone class at gym. Bit of a waste, I think I have outgrown it. And SO many girls using 1kg dumbells it was depressing.
    200 cals

Ok, it's "Return of the Mac(allouses)"
    Started my new p.t 6 week training programme - exciting times!
    Back to proper lifting, and god my hands feel it, ouch! They'll toughen up soon enough I imagine..

Warm up & mobility (felt such a tit doing these tbh)
    Squats- 8x2x empty bar. ffs I can't even rem what weight the bar is..25kg?
    If so 2x5x35kg, and 3x5x40kg

Eta ok bar is 20kg so 5kg less than above :(

Alternating Rev. Lunges with 2x10kgs, 5x10
    Lat pull down 2x8x20kg, 5x5x30kg
    Inverted Rows :eek: omfg, never tried these before and could barely manage the modified (cheaty) version with more of a tabletop position. Struggled to do 5x10 and was inches away from chest to bar most of the time. Definitely something to work on.
    Clean, Squat & press, 5x10, used a 12.5kg bar...Not sure I was doing them quite right...will have to check that out again.

Wore my hrm and did 387cals in 68mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Ok, it's "Return of the Mac(allouses)"
    Started my new p.t 6 week training programme - exciting times!
    Back to proper lifting, and god my hands feel it, ouch! They'll toughen up soon enough I imagine..

Warm up & mobility (felt such a tit doing these tbh)
    Squats- 8x2x empty bar. ffs I can't even rem what weight the bar is..25kg?
    If so 2x5x35kg, and 3x5x40kg

Eta ok bar is 20kg so 5kg less than above :(

Lat pull down 2x8x20kg, 5x5x30kg
    Inverted Rows :eek: omfg, never tried these before and could barely manage the modified (cheaty) version with more of a tabletop position. Struggled to do 5x10 and was inches away from chest to bar most of the time. Definitely something to work on.
    Clean, Squat & press, 5x10, used a 12.5kg bar...Not sure I was doing them quite right...will have to check that out again.

Wore my hrm and did 387cals in 68mins

What were your measurements like? :-) Were you happy?

Methven wrote: »
    What were your measurements like? :-) Were you happy?

:eek: Would you believe I didn't even look as we were talking at the same time.....I rem my right arm was 10inches...and thinking my bust meaurement wasn't the true one cos I was squished down in the sports bra & top.
    Sure as long as they reduce a little bit I don't mind. My waist is the big bug bear, I've always had a thick waist & even though I have lost 6inches off it from my biggest it is still 32", and you know what those safe food plonkers say about that!:mad:
    I took some before photos for my own reference though so I will use them to judge my progress over the 6 weeks.

Bloody sore this morning I tell you!

• Advertisement

Oh god so sore this morning I didn't know how I'd get through the workout, but I did!

warm-up & mobility - skipped the warm up on bike as the thighs were so sore.

10MIN INTERVALS 30/30
    on rower - only realised near the end it was on max resistance. covered 1.15km - aim to get this up to 1.5

10 minutes of
    LUNGES 5/5 - with 2 x6kg
    ELEVATED PRESS UPS 10 5
    INVERTED ROWS 10 5
    will work on these & build up to 10, I was failing on 5 by the last set. I took 30 secs break between each round and I *think* I did 6 rounds, forgot to count.

5 SETS 60SEC REST between sets
    These KILT me! I needed to take 90secs-2mins rest between sets
    BURPEES 10 - hate hate hate burpees
    ABS SHUFFLE 30SEC - arggghh...
    MODIFIED PLANK 10 - had to drop to knees for some of these

hard workout, 55mins, 420cals.

Sweet jebus the doms are killing me! I'm walking around like the tin man and had to take neurofen last night & this morning they were so bad. I trust they will ease off next week!

LEG PRESS (HIGH) 2X12 5X10,
    2x20kg, 5x40kg

BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT 4X8/8
    - very wobbly, used a 12.5kg bar

BENCH PRESS 2X8 5X5 ,
    2x12.5kg, 5x18kg - should be able to do more next week when I'm (hopefully) not so sore
    INCLINE DB FLY 5X10
    had to do these on the flat as no incline bench free, 2x 3kgs
    CLEAN, SQUAT & PRESS 5X10
    used a 14kg bar this time , not sure if I'm doing them right...will have to have a look at some vids but whatever I did it was hard work!

55 min, 300 cal, and rest day tomorrow, yipppeeeeee

Dom free today apart from a little tightness across chest.
    Today was
    Abs circuit
    10mins 30/30 intervals
    Rest
    And then a 30 min run, did it outside as it was such a fresh day, very slow, 4.86km, avg pace 6'12.

Week 2
    Workout 1

Squats- 8x20kh, 8x25,5x5x40kg
    Lat pull down 2x8x20kg, 5x5x35kg
    Inverted Rows - 5x5, still crap at these
    Clean, Squat & press, 5x10,14kg bar...

1:15, 380cals

Looks like you're doing well!

Just saw something that might interest you - it has me. Jillian Michaels is bringing out (another!) dvd - Body Revolution. Its a 90 day programme and from the video clips / online stuff it looks like a type of Insanity workout (but hopefullly not as mental!). Looks pretty good and in a class environment. Think its out in Feb - might have a look then.

• Advertisement

I dunno about J.M anymore, lost a lot of respect for her when she came out with diet pills and crap like that. But I do think the shred is a great workout & admire her physique.
    If I was you I'd do Chalean Extreme rather than another cardio programme, I saw good results on it and she is very positive and uplifting, rather than Jillians' sneer :rolleyes:
    I won't be looking into home programmes till the school summer holidays when I can't get to gym.

Yup already in process of purchasing Chalean Extreme. Then maybe do hybrid of Turbo Fire / Chalen. I am just thinking ahead - I am a fright for planning too far in advance :D. Agree with your comments on Jillian but I do like her programmes plus I wish I had her abs :):) Any day now I'll see them sticking out....

week 2, workout 2

10MIN INTERVALS 30/30
    rower, res 8, 1.18km

10 minutes of
    LUNGES 5/5 - with 2 x5kg
    ELEVATED PRESS UPS - 5
    INVERTED ROWS - 5
    cut my break between sets to 15 secs and think I did 8 rounds, still crap at inverted rows but I'm sure I'll get there

So hard! , cut rest to 60secs as prescibed, had to take 90 2 rounds, so good improvement on last week
    MODIFIED PLANK 10 - on knees:o

my least fav workout, 48mins, 375cals.

p.s
    I saw this on another forum and thought I'd share. My old jeans V my new jeans.

389940_10150543568163666_605533665_8842407_1751634762_n.jpg

Week 2, workout 3
    added some more weight this week

2x20kg, 5x 40 50kg

- wobbly, used a 12.5kg bar, and how embarrassing to be wobbling all over the place when there was a man with actually 1 leg training beside me :o

BENCH PRESS 2X8 5X5 ,
    2x 12.5 15kg, 5x 18 22kg -
    INCLINE DB FLY 5X10
    2x 3 5kgs
    used a 14 15kg

1:02, 302cals

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

That's funny!
    I did a Bupa 10K run in the Phoneix Park in 09 and I knew that I wasn't gonna be the world's greatest runner when I guy with a fake leg overtook me!

- wobbly, used a 12.5kg bar, and how embarrassing to be wobbling all over the place when there was a man with actually 1 leg training beside me :o

Thats hilarious!! I hope you didn't fall on him!

Week 2, workout 4
    Abs circuit
    10mins 30/30 intervals, rower, 1.18km
    Rest
    And then a 30 min run, couldn't face outdoors so did tm, won't make that mistake agaig, so much harder! - 9kmph at 1%.

53mins, 475cals

Was out last night, wore a sleeveless dress. A male friend said "whoa, check out the guns on you". Made me very very happy.

Week 3
    Workout 1

Squats- 8x20kg, 8x25,5x5x 40 45kg
    Alternating Rev. Lunges with 2x 10 12.5kgs, 5x10
    Lat pull down 2x8x20kg, 5x5x35kg
    Inverted Rows Elevated press ups- 5x5, smith machine busy & wasn't sure what elese I could do the rows on
    Clean, Squat & press, 5x10,14 15kg bar...

1:04, 360 cals

week 3, workout 2

10MIN INTERVALS 30/30
    rower, res 8, 1.18 1.19km

10 minutes of
    LUNGES 5/5 - with 2 x 5 7.5kg
    ELEVATED PRESS UPS - 5
    INVERTED ROWS - 5
    cut my break between sets to 15 secs and think I did 8 rounds, still crap at inverted rows but I'm sure I'll get there

Big improvement this week. I was really pissed off with my kid,a nd there was a really cute guy beside me and I didn't take *any* break till after round 4, 30 secs, and then got out another 5 rounds I think...I never remember to count them..I was bloody wrecked, bpm was up to 180 when I finished.

So hard! , cut rest to 60secs as prescibed, had to take 90 2 rounds, so good improvement on last week
    kept all round to 60 sec breaks like a good gurl
    MODIFIED PLANK 10 - on knees:o Ah ffs will I ever be able to do these.
    A big heaving sweaty mess after all this

my least fav workout, 48mins, 375cals. 47mins, 425 cals

Definitely getting some muscle as I couldn't close the button on the short
    sleeves of my blouse! :eek: :D

• Advertisement

Week 3, workout 3
    added some more weight again this week. awesome :)

2x 20 30kg, 5x 50 60kg

12.5 14kg bar

BENCH PRESS 2X8 5X5 ,
    2x 15 20kg, 5x 22 25kg -
    INCLINE DB FLY 5X10
    2x 5kgs
    15kg

60mins, 295cals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Nice work on the bulgarians, they are haard, I hate them, doms for days afterwards! :o

Nice work on the bulgarians, they are haard, I hate them, doms for days afterwards! :o

Really? I don't find them too bad, maybe I'm doing them wrong! I'm wondering now how I'll progress on them because it's hard to get the bar up & over my head ifykwim. The barbellss jump from 14-15-18kg....hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Really? I don't find them too bad, maybe I'm doing them wrong! I'm wondering now how I'll progress on them because it's hard to get the bar up & over my head ifykwim. The barbellss jump from 14-15-18kg....hmmm

I did them for only the first time last week with 2 6kg dbs either side and apart from my shocking balance yeah I was in bits after them! :o

Duh, I'll just use dumbells next time! 2x7.5 will add an extra kilo.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

I tried these last week with DB's and was falling all over the place. Ended up just practicing with BW. I'll try with a BB next time see if that helps the balance situation!

I found the trick is to get very firmly planted before starting, lock into a point across the gym (ie. stare at someone far away), and be sure to put your weight through the foot on the floor not on the bench.

Week 3, workout 4
    Abs circuit
    10mins 30/30 intervals, rower, 1.2 km
    Rest
    And then a 30 min run, outdoors 4.75, av speed 6'22
    60 mins, 485 cals

Week 4
    Workout 1

Squats- 8x20kg, 8x25,5x5x 4550kg :D Only 7.5kg to go o bodyweight squat
    Alternating Rev. Lunges with 2x 12.5 15 kgs, 5x10 KILLER! Am not adding more weight to these next week!
    Lat pull down 2x8x20kg, 5x5x35kg - same as last week
    Inverted Rows Elevated press ups- 5x5, smith machine busy & wasn't sure what elese I could do the rows on...same againt his week :confused:
    Clean, Squat & press, 5x10,15kg bar... yep this takes it all out of me so I won't be upping the weight on these, besides which the next bar up is 18kg.

1:04, 360 cals 1:10, 480cals - see didn't I work hard?? :)

• Advertisement

Conditioning day come around too fast. Made improvements on block 1 with no breaks in between. Raaarr.
    Had a nice little well deserved nap at home after. Now for some spinach!!

Advertisement