Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Week 4

had to switch around the plan this week because I had a race today

day 1 - Strength & Stretch
    Went to go to pilates, was there 10 mins before class began but not early enough, class was full & sent away :(
    day 2 - 3mi run
    Was a rebel and did my own thing , 2.04mi run in 20.18@ 9'54pace, 195 cals plus a 30min body toning class plus a 60min yoga class, total for full morning of exercise, according to hrm was almost 600 cals!
    day 3 - 35min cross 60min zumba class, 438cals
    day 4 - 4.5 mi
    4.51mi in 46.:33 @ 10'19, 428 cals
    day 5 - 45 min body toning class, 200 cals
    day 6 - rest day
    day 7 - 5km race, did it in 26:08 according to my watch so 9 secs short of a pb

Well done on the race :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Methven wrote: »
    Well done on the race :-)
    Thanks!
    Big smiles her, chip times went up, I DID get a PB after all, 20 secs better than previous pb at 25:39 :D

I got through half last weeks schedule before being laid low by a chest infection :( taking a complete rest till next Monday & then repeating week 5.

I got through half last weeks schedule before being laid low by a chest infection :( taking a complete rest till next Monday & then repeating week 5.
    You poor thing - not nice. Hope you feel better soon. Everyone seems to be sick at the moment.

Planned on re-doing week 5, but actually need to do a 5 mile run today so it's actually week 6. Will do 5.5 mile next weekend and then the race is on the 21st. After that back to the weights :DBut I am doing a 5 mile race in May so I need to keep up the running *and * I want to continue with the free yoga, pilates & zumba classes in the gym! Not enough days in the week!
    I have just completed my first week of Whole30 and feeling good, and very strong-willed! My first wine free weekend in forever and a chocolate free Easter to boot!

day 1 - stretch & strength, eh...didn't do anything except housework
    day 2 - 3 mile run - 3.08miles in 33:39 @10'55pace
    day 3 - 40 min cross- Zumba. Love it! 445 cals.
    day 4 - 2mi + strength - 3.2 long boring hot tiring Kms on the treadmill, should have gone outside! 21 mins. And then an hour long pilates class which I enjoyed.
    day 5 - rest day
    day 6 - 50 min cross - no gym classes on over bank holiday
    day 7 - 5mile - 5.16mi in 54'53 @10'37

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

The will is strong in this log! Can't wait to see more updated pics soon.

But I'm a little perplexed. What is "wine free"??128340160283906250iiznotalcohol.jpg

howtomake wrote: »
    The will is strong in this log! Can't wait to see more updated pics soon.

But I'm a little perplexed. What is "wine free"??128340160283906250iiznotalcohol.jpg

I know bizarro!!! Its bloody hard, OH has agreed to support me by not drinking at home which makes it a bit easier.

There will be more super hot sexy mamma ;D shots on May 1st for my "after" whole30.

Half way through my Whole30 and feeling fine :)

Day 1 - Dana Torres resistance stretching (legs) on iphone vbook download
    Day 2 - 3 mile run + yoga class
    Day 3 - nada
    Day 4 - 2 mile run + body toning class
    Day 5 - rest day
    Day 6 - nada
    Day 7 - 5.5mi run

10k race is Saturday :eek:

hello all, took it easy this week as wanted to feel fresh for my race

Day 1 - nada
    day 2 - 3mi run + yoga
    day 3 - nada
    day 4 - pilates
    day 5 - nada
    day6 - 10k race day!! Thrilled with my time of 55:44.
    day 7 - REST

And now back to weights :) I will start the "6 week body transformation" programme I got before on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

How you finding the whole 9 life 30 day gig? I cut sugar out of my diet for two weeks and around 14th day my colleagues at work were tripping over decapitated corpses piling up around my desk so i caved... :o

• Advertisement

Hey bb, day 21 and feeling great. There was a huge spread laid on after the race, tables of sweet pastries and muffins, and honestly it just does not appeal any more.

Glad its working out for you, im so thouroughly crap at preparing ahead and meal planning that those two weeks were an absolute pain for me.

Glad its working out for you, im so thouroughly crap at preparing ahead and meal planning that those two weeks were an absolute pain for me.

Just for yourself? Don't be a wuss. If you want it you will find a way. Its not like I'm some domestic goddess with my weekly meal plan on the wall and a fully stocked larder. Google, shop, cook, eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Maybe you can share some tips for pre meal planning:)

That was my point. I am not a domestic goddess who has all her ducks in a row. I *want* to be, but haven't got there yet. Not even close. I have an hour window each afternoon before I pick up the kids when I'll google or look at one of my fav paleo websites, decide on something, then go to supermarket on the way to collect them. It's a pain but manageable, until I get to domestic goddess status.
    Like THIS
    For lunches I usually have salad & a protein or two so I get a rake of eggs, smoked salmon, mackeral, bacon etc. in every couple of days. Often I'll have leftovers from the previous day.

Hope I wasn't too mean BB, if I had the luxury of cooking for one I'd be away and a hack :)

That was my point. I am not a domestic goddess who has all her ducks in a row. I *want* to be, but haven't got there yet. Not even close. I have an hour window each afternoon before I pick up the kids when I'll google or look at one of my fav paleo websites, decide on something, then go to supermarket on the way to collect them. It's a pain but manageable, until I get to domestic goddess status.
    Like THIS
    For lunches I usually have salad & a protein or two so I get a rake of eggs, smoked salmon, mackeral, bacon etc. in every couple of days. Often I'll have leftovers from the previous day.

Hope I wasn't too mean BB, if I had the luxury of cooking for one I'd be away and a hack :)

Nah youre not being mean. im just not very good at this all or nothing lark! I had good progress just running a kcal defecit. I also dont eat salad which makes lunch choices a bit difficult when i dont bring anything in with me and get caught on the hop!

Nah youre not being mean. im just not very good at this all or nothing lark! I had good progress just running a kcal defecit. I also dont eat salad which makes lunch choices a bit difficult when i dont bring anything in with me and get caught on the hop!

Oh good, if the whole30 isn't for you, why not try the stumptuos plan - how to go primal without really trying. It's a really good progression towards a great diet.

Woohoo, check out the air. My 5 year old said I'm like superman.

6953867806_992daa760c.jpg

Wow! Very impressive :D Do you have the outfit too?!

Back to the weights today :) and boy do my hands hurt, have to toughen up again!
    Took it easy weight wise...will add more next week.

Workout #1
    Squats- 8x20kg, 8x20,5x5x 35kg
    Calf raises - 10 each side, 5 times, with 12.5kg
    noticed reading back that I should have been doing alterneting rev lunges...
    Assisted chin-ups 2x8x-35, 5x5x-30kg.
    Inverted Rows 5x5 (still crap at these)
    Clean, Squat & press, 5x10,15kg bar (wrecked me, had really trouble pressing up the last couple of reps each set)

tomorrow, workout 2 followed by yoga class :)

• Advertisement

tomorrow, workout 2 followed by yoga class :)

Ha ha, that was optomistic, the doms on me, I can barely walk! So heading off to yoga soon, will be either a blessing or a curse.

eta - well it wasn't lots of nice easy strecthes. Arrgh. And one big long squatting exercise, my quads are broken :(

Conditioning day tomorrow.

:( had to take day off today, my quads are still way too sore to exercise. I'm walking around on tippy toe and I can barely sit/stand-up. yowsa.

Migth be coming down with something. I fell asleep when I was putting my daughter to bed last nigth at 8pm and didn't get up again. crazy early night turned out to be a good thing as she was up at 3-4am sick :(
    That horrible chest infection cough seems to be making a re-appearance...

Quads still a little sore so taking *another* day off, like ffs that two :eek: rest days
    (ho ho if you'd told me a few years back I'd be annoyed by not going to gym 2 days in a row!)
    Maybe yoga tomorrow.....

So big exciting news dear followers - new plan! As you all know I've been eating paleo since Jan/Feb and now I have signed up to a paleo fitness website -http://eplifefit.com/
    It's run by Sarah Fragoso (of Everyday Paleo) and Jason Seib (a trainer out of Norcal)
    I love what I've seen & read so far, and it looks like there is a lot of support info for your c. €15 per month.
    So I'm starting beignners module #2 on Monday....and hope to "graduate" to the regular workouts in the fist month.

I'm humming & hawing about poting up programming I have paid for....but isn't that what lots of people do? or not? thoughts pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I'm humming & hawing about poting up programming I have paid for....but isn't that what lots of people do? or not? thoughts pls?
    think there might be a typo there? god bless predictive text!

Anyway, sounds like a good program but sure if it's not working out all you have lost is 15 squid...

How do you think the online training will work for you? I'd imagine that it will suit some but not others?

*posting, not predicitive text just sloppy typing :)

The last programme I did was an online one from a p.t & it worked well for me so I'm feeling good about it. Starting Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

So big exciting news dear followers - new plan! As you all know I've been eating paleo since Jan/Feb and now I have signed up to a paleo fitness website -http://eplifefit.com/
    It's run by Sarah Fragoso (of Everyday Paleo) and Jason Seib (a trainer out of Norcal)
    I love what I've seen & read so far, and it looks like there is a lot of support info for your c. €15 per month.
    So I'm starting beignners module #2 on Monday....and hope to "graduate" to the regular workouts in the fist month.

I don't see anything wrong with putting up programming unless you've been asked by the programmer not to. The programme is/will be laid out for you with your starting points and your goals in mind. What is/are your issues with putting it up online?

I dunno gym freak, I feel silly now! Sure didn't I post up all my workouts from my 6 week programme? Don't mind me, lol.

Anyways. Starting Monday, looking fwd to it. Went for a 5k run today. First exercise since tuesday!

So today I finshed my ]Whole30 challenge. 30 days of strict paleo nutrition, and I feel all the better for it.
    Weighed in this morning at 120.6 lbs, that's a total loss since I started WW in June'09 of 40ish pounds. I have gone from 11.5 stone to 8st8, a size 16 to a 10. Inch wise I have lost
    Bust - 8.5inches
    Waist - 8 inches
    Hips - 8.5 inches
    I haven't been this size since my early 20's....and believe me I wasn't that weight back then from clean living & lots of exercise!
    I feel full of energy and joie de v'ivre and it is wonderful to feel happy with my own body & all that it can do.
    No Monday morning blues here :)
    Before
    163lbs.jpgade91ab4.jpg

163side.jpg7bf6ad09.jpg

Off to gym now to start new programme, will update later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

^ Fair play to ya, you look awesome. Just shows what a bit of hard work and commitment can do. Took up serious fitness this time last year and am amazed at the results.

• Advertisement

Ok, my first week done on http://eplifefit.com/ and I'm really enjoying it.
    I jumped in at beginners module 2, but got a bit of a rude awakening when I submitted videos of the moves from module 1 for critique. So turns out my form isn't "all that" after all! But they were really nice & very informative. I guess I don't take criticism well, even when it's not criticism!
    There is great very friendly forum that I've been posting on too.
    This week I will repeat module 2,at which point I can attempt the module2 test, but tbh I don't think I'll be ready...I don't mind though.
    There's also some great mobility & stretches in each days workout which is cool.

Advertisement