Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hello all,
    I'm back! So since I last posted I spent 6 weeks doing the eplf programme....and didn't progress past beginners module 2 :( My squat form is not good at all at all (mainly forward lean) and so I couldn't "pass" on to the next level. I really worked on them but just couldn't get the hang of it....then I cancelled my subscription because I was going on 2 weeks holidays and didn't want to pay for something I wasn't go to be using. I fully intended to re-sub once I got back but by then it was mid June and I realised I'd only have another 2 weeks before the kids were off school and I wouldn't be able to get to the gym at all (unless I went at 6am or in the evenings after kids bed). So I'm finished there...I will re-asses come September...The p.t's in Carlisle are only €25 an hour now so maybe that would work better for me, I could probably afford once every 4 weeks...

SO, yesterday I started Chalean Extreme. I got a new set of dvd's on adverts to replace my crappy home-ripped ones and (man Methven is going to be green!) a very kind friend has leant me her Bowflex! :D:D:D

562753_10150978663253666_1494053602_n.jpg

Did Burn Circuit 1 yesterday, 2 today, and boy is it tough. I haven't exercised in say... 3 weeks (I was off sick with peridonitis and then a wisdom tooth extraction) and haven't lifted heavy in months. I'm looking fwd to seeing the results, especially combined with my paleo diet (I'm currently doing a Whole3021)

Decide. Commit. Succeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

SO, yesterday I started Chalean Extreme. I got a new set of dvd's on adverts to replace my crappy home-ripped ones and (man Methven is going to be green!) a very kind friend has leant me her Bowflex! :D:D:D

562753_10150978663253666_1494053602_n.jpg

Did Burn Circuit 1 yesterday, 2 today, and boy is it tough. I haven't exercised in say... 3 weeks (I was off sick with peridonitis and then a wisdom tooth extraction) and haven't lifted heavy in months. I'm looking fwd to seeing the results, especially combined with my paleo diet (I'm currently doing a Whole3021)

Decide. Commit. Succeed

This popped up in my e-mail at work and I had to reply (sneekily whilst everyone is getting coffee). YES I AM GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!!!!!! So jealous! Why can't I have friends with Bowflex?!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Glad to see you back doing it - I did Burn Intervals yesterday. Wow I was dripping afterwards! Felt great later on though.

Ah I know I'm lucky, and I nearly didn't ask her as it was such a cheeky request so I'm really glad I did, makes it so much easier...But jeez I still can't lift as much as Chalene :( , I want to be able to match her!
    Last Summer I only did the 3 lift circuits but this year I'm going to try do the whole schedule as prescribed...

I know - she makes its look so effortless too! I'm not at her level either and wish I was but I know its more important to get the form right. Someday....:)

Best of luck with it anyway and keep me updated. My legs are like jelly today which (perversely) I'm delighted about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Ive moved house twice since i did the Chalean programme last...and have lost my set :mad::mad:
    Am very jealous of the bowflex VERY

• Advertisement

Ive moved house twice since i did the Chalean programme last...and have lost my set :mad::mad:
    Am very jealous of the bowflex VERY

Oh dear, there's a lady on adverts selling it for 15e.

Wow, I am wrecked! Just did Burn Intervals , and for the first time ever, Ab Burner, latter was a bit half-assed but I'll get there! Very proud of myself as I find the 46 mins very offputting, let alone following it with a 2nd workout. It wil be hard to work in to my window of exercising opportunity during the holidays, which goes like this.
    Bring L (age 5) to tennis for 10am, come back work-out while A (age 9) plays on laptop/outside/whatever he wants. Collect L at 11 & drop A at same time. Come home, shower (with L calling through door every 60 seconds), collect A for 12. ......Try not to kill L or A (or them each other) for the remaining 6 hours till OH gets home.
    The joys of parenthood.

Wow, I am wrecked! Just did Burn Intervals , and for the first time ever, Ab Burner, latter was a bit half-assed.
    Have you tried Extreme Abs yet? OMG! The first half is a killer - I had to just sit there and watch some of the moves!
    Sounds like you'll be a busy Mammy this summer alright - enjoy! Just dropped off my 5 year old for last day of Junior Infants...sob sob! Where did the year go?!

No Haven't tried that yet - which phase incorporates that? I'm pretty poor at ab stuff but really want to follow the programme to a T this time.
    Did Burn Circuit 3 this morning - omg, the sumo squats with calf raise at the end? The sweat was dripping off my face....
    Do you do the Burn if off & Recharge too Methven?

Last day of junior infants here too, and son heading in to 4th!!

No Haven't tried that yet - which phase incorporates that? I'm pretty poor at ab stuff but really want to follow the programme to a T this time.
    Did Burn Circuit 3 this morning - omg, the sumo squats with calf raise at the end? The sweat was dripping off my face....
    Do you do the Burn if off & Recharge too Methven?

Last day of junior infants here too, and son heading in to 4th!!

Haven't done Burn it off & Recharge - must have a look. As you know I'm doing a hybrid and I just looked at the schedule and its not on it. Is it kind of a stretchy one? Have to say I personally am not a fan of those yogaesque stretch workouts - I get soooo bored - I obviously can't relax! Tried yoga a few times and never again! There is a 40 min Stretch class on Turbofire which I avoid like the plague. Much prefer fast paced or strength classes. Think the Extreme Abs is probably part of the Lean phase - must check. The first part is all abs - a killer. 2nd part plank stuff which funnily enough I quite enjoy. By the way how are you with pushups? I find the tricep ones really hard - don't think my body is built the right way!!

• Advertisement

Burn it off is a 26 min high intensity aerobic workout and Recharge is 21mins of stretcthing.
    I should be doing both today but I'm not sure I'll manage it with everyone around. We're going to the Family Fitness day in Farmleigh shortly, the 1 mile family race is at 10am (stupid early imo).

not so bad at pushups though I have to drop to knees after 4 or so, I can do the tricep ones because we used to do them in pilates.

ETA - no chalean today. Ran a mile with daughter at Farmleigh than did (sprint!) orienteering with son so I'm pooped! He did his mile in 7:18 :)

40462096622529609_Spe9uvnH_b.jpg

Plan for week

Monday - BC 1
    Tuesday - BC 2
    Weds - Rest Day (cos I have to go for a friggin colcoscopy at 9am :()
    Thurs - Burn Intervals & Ab Burner
    Fri - BC3
    Sat - Burn it off & recharge
    Sun - Rest

40462096622529609_Spe9uvnH_b.jpg

Plan for week 2

Monday - BC 1
    Tuesday - BC 2
    Weds - Rest Day (cos I have to go for a friggin colcoscopy at 9am :()
    Thurs - Burn Intervals & Ab Burner
    Fri - BC3
    Sat - Burn it off & recharge (will try to do this sat p.m or sun a.m)
    Sun - Rest

181129216233829095_8mlbdc8B_f.jpg

Week 3

Monday - BC1
    Tuesday - BC2
    Weds - Rest
    Thurs - Burn Intervals + Ab Burner
    Friday - BC3
    Saturday - Burn it off
    Sunday - Rest

Week 3
    Monday - BC1
    Tuesday - BC2
    Weds - Rest
    Friday - BC3
    Saturday - Burn it off (+ Ab Burner ??)
    Sunday - Rest

Travelled to Sligo on Saturday for my gradmothers 100th birthday celebrations, we left so early I didn't get to workout. I had vague notions of doing it on Sunday but I was horribly hungover.

84231455500749895_XazlhHqc_f.jpg

Week 4 Plan

Last week of Burn Phase :)
    Monday - BC1
    Tuesday - BC2
    Weds - Rest
    Friday - BC3
    Saturday - Burn it off + Recharge
    Sunday - Rest

Week 4 Plan

Last week of Burn Phase :)
    Monday - BC1
    Tuesday - BC2
    Weds - Rest
    Thurs - Burn it off+ Ab Burner had to switch cardio around due to time constraints today, so I prob won't bother with the recharge on saturday... Last week of Burn, I know I didn't burn any lbs off for sure!
    Friday - BC3 - upped several of the weights this morning as my last hurrah to the burn phase :)
    Saturday - Burn Intervals+ Recharge
    Sunday - Rest

76561262385316685_flcDSng5_f.jpg

Just putting this up while I get a chance...

Week 5 Plan

Monday - push circuit 1
    Tuesday - push circuit 2
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - burn intervals + ab burner
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn it off + recharge
    Sunday - rest

Week 5 Plan

Monday - push circuit 1 This was hard. I am tired out after it physically, my legs & arms feel so heavy...
    Tuesday - push circuit 2 tough going in this humidity!
    Wednesday - rest
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn it off + recharge
    Sunday - rest

• Advertisement

Week 5 Plan

Monday - push circuit 1 This was hard. I am tired out after it physically, my legs & arms feel so heavy...
    Tuesday - push circuit 2 tough going in this humidity!
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - My friend took ds for the day so spent my workout time bringing my dd to the park for a picnic instead :)
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn intervals + ab burner I so didn't want to do this, especially the ab burnmer after 45 mins on intervals but I did, feel proud of myself now :D
    Sunday - rest

Week 6 Plan

6966574394075641_GQZP0Yy2_f.jpg

Monday - push circuit 1
    Tuesday - push circuit 2
    Wednesday - rest
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn it off
    Sunday - rest

Week 6 Plan
    Monday - push circuit 1
    Tuesday - push circuit 2 It's so hard to train while the kids are around, the pair of them fighting while I'm trying to do one legged squats with 24kg!
    Wednesday - rest
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn it off
    Sunday - rest

Week 6 Plan
    Monday - push circuit 1
    Tuesday - push circuit 2 It's so hard to train while the kids are around, the pair of them fighting while I'm trying to do one legged squats with 24kg!
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - burn intervals + ab burner - skived off again. I will have to re-think my schedule because exercising for an hour while the kids are around & under my feet is not working for me.
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn it off + ab burner sweated buckets!
    Sunday - rest

tumblr_lusda1EzPw1r6e1rko1_500.jpg

So trying something different - dropping one cardio day. Not sure about the scheduling of it but will see how I get on.

Week 7 Plan

Monday - push circuit 1
    Tuesday - rest
    Wednesday - push circuit 2
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn intervals + ab burner
    Sunday - rest

Week 6 Plan
    Monday - push circuit 1
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - burn intervals + ab burner - skived off again. I will have to re-think my schedule because exercising for an hour while the kids are around & under my feet is not working for me.
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn it off + ab burner sweated buckets!
    Sunday - rest
    I hear ya - its very hard with the kids around. Apart from the obvious working out early before they are up or after they are in bed I find it good to workout whilst they are watching tv in the evening. Usually hubby gets in a run too so we're all happy!

Dh gets up at 6.45 so it'd mean getting up at 6am! I haven't been up at that time since baby feeding days and no plans to return lol.
    Sadly we've only the one tv. For my usual half hour sessions I pop one of them on the laptop but for an hour it just doesn't work out. It's only the burn intervals + Ab burner day that causes the problem.

Week 7 Plan

Monday - rest
    Tuesday - push circuit 1
    Wednesday - push circuit 2
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - push circuit 3
    Saturday - burn intervals + ab burner
    Sunday - rest

Had to change thing around as I had horrible cramps on Monday. haven't lost any weight, in fact gained some, but feel leaner & the abs are starting to be visible :)

394493_10151072456093666_2010344043_n.jpg

Well done! Definitely can see the abs. I wish I was as brave as you to post photos. Maybe some day:)

• Advertisement

Methven wrote: »
    Well done! Definitely can see the abs. I wish I was as brave as you to post photos. Maybe some day:)

Ah sure I knwo you're theonly one that reads my log ;)

Advertisement