Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Sure goddess is in the eye of the beholder :) I'd rather lift so much I hear people gasp in amazement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Both would be cool :)

Week 8 workout B
    lower body mobility x 2
    Goblet Squat, 3x10@10kg
    DL, 5 x 35kg, 5@75kg ! Huzzah! The 1rm calculator I checked comes up with 84kg - so I reckon I am set for bwx1.5 =85.5
    or even 90 :eek:.....
    Upper body mobility x 2
    Db Press, 3x5@10kgs
    Negative chins - 3x3
    Plank rotations x 2
    and full set stretches

Week 8 Workout A

Lower body mobility x 2
    Box Squat, 3x5 @18kg
    Upper body mobility x 2
    Bench press, 3x5 @30kg
    3x5 1 arm rows at 15kg :)
    3 x 10 pilates roll ups

and then I tried some tm intervals - was halfway through first sprint and I had to slam the emergency stop button cos my pants and knickers started falling down :o Thank fook I was wearing a long top, morto!!

I finished my Whole30 yesterday so today as results day - dissapointing to see all measurements slightly up, don't know wtf that's about - maybe too flaithiúilach with the coconut milk, nuts etc...
    But I do feel great physically in terms of energy and my upper body is looking pretty damn muscular :)

Progress isn't linear...Progress isn't linear...Progress isn't linear...Progress isn't linear
    Onwards!

and then I tried some tm intervals - was halfway through first sprint and I had to slam the emergency stop button cos my pants and knickers started falling down :o Thank fook I was wearing a long top, morto!!

I finished my Whole30 yesterday so today as results day - dissapointing to see all measurements slightly up, don't know wtf that's about - maybe too flaithiúilach with the coconut milk, nuts etc...
    But I do feel great physically in terms of energy and my upper body is looking pretty damn muscular :)

Progress isn't linear...Progress isn't linear...Progress isn't linear...Progress isn't linear
    Onwards!

That's hilarious!! Hope there weren't too many around to see you but at least they'd see a ripped toned bum :D Happened to me crossing the road one day....:o (but I was 10!).

I'm sure you look fab after the month and just think about how your insides look! All happy healthy shiney organs :)

• Advertisement

Boo had to skip gym this moring, hurt my neck/shoulder in my sleep or early this morning - maybe the 15kg rows....Wil try again tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Week 8 Workout A

Thinly veiled "I'm so slim my pants are falling off" thread - yeah, we're on to your game, Dolly! :pac:

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I'm so slim my pants are falling off" thread - yeah, we're on to your game, Dolly! :pac:

Ah yes, stealth boasting, also popular on parenting sites
    "Is it normal for a 3 year old to be able to read?" :rolleyes:

:D

Ah yes, stealth boasting, also popular on parenting sites
    "Is it normal for a 3 year old to be able to read?" :rolleyes:

"These ankle socks aren't long enough to tuck my penis in to..."

"These ankle socks aren't long enough to tuck my penis in to..."

Snarf

• Advertisement

Boo had to skip gym this moring, hurt my neck/shoulder in my sleep or early this morning - maybe the 15kg rows....Wil try again tommorrow.

Not as painful today, but still sore, so won't chance it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Not as painful today, but still sore, so won't chance it. :mad:

Aw man... that's so annoying. Better off leaving it though, even though i know that would drive me cracked too.

Tested out my 1rm DL today - got 85kg, 87.5 glued to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Tested out my 1rm DL today - got 85kg, 87.5 glued to the floor.

Great work!

Glad you've recovered :-)

So this week I am taking a break between programmes and just doing classes down gym
    Monday - DL IRM test
    Tuesday - yoga
    Wednesday - Circuits class @ 9.30am
    Thursday - kids off school...maybe do a Chalene cardio workout
    Friday - yoga @ 11am OR Zumba @6pm, will see how day pans out
    Saturday - body toning class @10am if I can co-ordinate with dh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

dh and ds have to be out in Santry for about 11 on Saturday :)

So this week I am taking a break between programmes and just doing classes down gym
    Monday - DL IRM test
    Tuesday - yoga
    Wednesday - Circuits class @ 9.30am
    Thursday - kids off school...maybe do a Chalene cardio workout
    Friday - yoga @ 11am OR Zumba @6pm, will see how day pans out

so no class on Saturday :(

Circuits today was good, first time doing the class. I gave it sox and was wrecked by the end of 40 mins but some other people hardly broke a sweat & went down to do the spinning class after :eek:
    Happy to say I was using the same weight db's as the guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

so no class on Saturday :(

Circuits today was good, first time doing the class. I gave it sox and was wrecked by the end of 40 mins but some other people hardly broke a sweat & went down to do the spinning class after :eek:
    Happy to say I was using the same weight db's as the guys :D

I love love love love LOVE when I'm using the same weights as the lads!!!

The other day I was doing lat pull downs and myself and another lad were alternating between sets and he had to reduce the weight when he went on! WHOOP! :cool:

Basically, we're awesome Dotcomdolly! :)

Basically, we're awesome Dotcomdolly! :)

Truth

• Advertisement

Thursdays workout didn't happen, got to yoga yesterday though - but sub teacher so not as much of a workout as usual, she was more in to holding poses/stretches than the "flow" of the usual teacher.
    So Saturday today, hmmmm, not sure if any workout will happen. Ds is compteting today in Santry (600m) so he & dh will be gone most of the day and my & dd will be at home....I *could* do something online....
    I have to keep the phrase "train your body because you love it, not because you hate it" at the forefront of my mind, taking my "before" pics for the Better Body Challenge was a bit of a downer :(

Eta Just completed workout 1 of Jillian Michaels extreme shred & shed. Tough! Side plank crunches?!!! But omg there's a body to aspire to.

Also tried on my skinniest skinny jeans - can't even close them so there's a very tangible goal for my 8 week challenge.

Day 1 of NROLFW

I tweaked it to reduce reps so will be starting with 2 sets of 10

Lower body mobilty x 2

Squats, 2x10 @18kg. I seem to be on the same timetable as another gym user, same time, same days, and he always gets the rack before me, darn mobility!!

Push-ups 2x10 (can only do 5 before going to knees, and my depth is lacking!)
    Seated Rows 2 x10 at 10kg/12.5kg

Step-Ups, 2 x10 @7.5kgs
    Prone Jackknife Reverse Crunches - 2 x10. Can't be doing with that swissball, so subbed rev crunches, will sub again as I don't feel much from them (prob doing them wrong)

Then on to tm for intervals, :eek: I was killed, I haven't run in ages.
    all at 1% gradient
    2 mins @9.5km
    40 secs @ 14km x 2
    30 secs @ 14.5 and 15km
    had to come right down to 6.5 during rests - for 90secs each time.
    Total - 12 mins - 1.73km - 111 cals

Full set stretches

Tuesday = yoga

Wednesday - NROLFW Workout B

Deadlift 5x22kg, 2x10@30kg

Lat pull down 2 x10 @25kg
    shoulder press 2x10 @ 6kg

Lunges 2x10@6kg
    Swiss ball crunches Pilates roll ups 2x10

Intervals, 2 mins @9.5km, 45 secs @ 14.5 x3, rest @6.5km, 1x45secs at 15km, walk to cool down
    Haven't notes handy but afair 118 cals and 1.86km.

Not loving the programme much but will give it 2 weeks..and re-asses. I'm getting increasingly concerned about the weight creep since Xmas (sadly not muscle) and am at a loss as to why. I got good results with the "6 week body transformation" programme I got off a p.t last year (year before??) so maybe I'll try that...but I have to look at my diet and see what I can change, maybe cut back on starchy veg & fruit? :( I'm 7lbs above my happy weight and not one bit happy about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

75kg for step ups? Holy hell! You go Mammy!

75kg for step ups? Holy hell! You go Mammy!

ha! 7 -point-5!!

have edited to correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You're still deadly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

NROLFW:D:D:D:D, some of the most fun I have had with a program. I loved stage 2, just keep it up all the way through. The 2nd stage has a bit more heart pumping moves, at least that I found yonks ago.

So.. wait you're whole family trains?

howtomake wrote: »

So.. wait you're whole family trains?

Did I give that impression? Dh and ds do athletics, a lot! They are both in Bros Pearse A.C where dh is coach and chairman and ds is in U-11's. dd (6) will start as soon as she's allowed :)

What does Ds Dh and Dd mean?? :(

• Advertisement

What does Ds Dh and Dd mean?? :(

Sorry, prob just what I'm used to from parenting forums's
    darling(?!) son, husband, daughter

Advertisement