Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Sorry, prob just what I'm used to from parenting forums's
    darling(?!) son, husband, daughter

Ahhhhh- thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Week 1 workout A

Lower body mobilty x 2

1820kg. Got the rack today so used empty bar, pretty bad squats though, I know I was leaning fwd, arrgh.

Push-ups 2x10 - used a step instead of dropping to knees after failure, supposedly it's better. Did 5/5, 6/4
    Seated Rows 2 x10 at 10kg/12.515kg

7.510kgs
    Prone Jackknife Reverse Crunches - 2 x10. Did 2 sets of plank rotations, 30 secs front & each side

Tm intervals,
    all at 1% gradient
    2 mins @9.5km
    45 secs @ 14.5km x 4
    20 secs @ 17km :eek: because I have a comptetitive streak :D
    down to 6.5 during rests - for 90secs each time.
    Total - will add in later, but it's good to see the improvements just since Monday.
    Eta 14mins 2.1km 133cals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

How did you find the 17kph! ;)

How did you find the 17kph! ;)

piece of piss
    ;)

:D

Just finished Jillian Michaels extreme shed & shred level 2, omg killer! That you are "supposed" to do the 2 levels back to back is insane to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just finished Jillian Michaels extreme shed & shred level 2, omg killer! That you are "supposed" to do the 2 levels back to back is insane to me!

Think I might try this today instead of doing a run.

Anything to stop me leaving the house.

Think I might try this today instead of doing a run.

Anything to stop me leaving the house.

Ah but it's such a dry fresh morning, it would be nicer to go for a run, esp somewhere scenic.
    Have you done this dvd (or torrent!) before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ah but it's such a dry fresh morning, it would be nicer to go for a run, esp somewhere scenic.
    Have you done this dvd (or torrent!) before?

Nope. Never even knew it existed.

But what a coincidence! My eh 'cousin' just sent it to me.

It's good, similar format (ie. intervals) as 30 day shred. But some really hard moves in there. I think I'm badass and then JM sets me straight :D

So SB - did you shed & shred on Saturday?

Sunday - rest

Monday - NROLFW Workout B

Deadlift 10x25kg, 2x10@3035kg

2527.5kg
    shoulder press 2x10 @ 67.5kg

Lunges 2x10@67.5kg
    Pilates roll ups 2x10

Intervals, 2 mins @9.5km, 4x 45 secs @ 14.5km, rest breaks of 90secs @6.5km, 1x20secs at 18km :eek: walk to cool down
    I think 18 is the fastest I've ever done on the tm, I thought I was going to hurl afterwards :o and you know that is the speed marathon winners run 26.1 miles at!!
    Totals - 15mins, 139cals,2.2km

Oh and a proud mammy picture, my ds running at the "indoor" Dublin championships on saturday

544169_10151412789798666_365676412_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Awww! Look at him go!!!!

Yoga today. Christ I am so inflexible. The diff between my full bend and back upright is about an inch!

Week 2 workout A

Got period this morning so went with the idea of taking it real easy, but in th end I didn't :)

Lower body mobilty x 2

2025kg.

Push-ups 2x10 - managed all off floor, thought not to full depth, happy with it.
    Seated Rows 2 x10 @15kg

Step-Ups, 2 x10 @ 10kgs
    Russian Twists with 10kg plate, 15reps/20 reps. Wobbly!

Tm intervals,
    all at 1% gradient
    2 mins @9.5km
    45 secs @ 14.515km x 4
    20 secs @ 18km
    down to 6.5 during rests - for 90secs each time. 2 mins before last fast one

totals - 16mins 2.38km 151cals

What are peoples thoughts on sticking with this programme if my goal is fat loss? the weight has ben creeping up since Xmas and I'm not 6-7lbs heavier than I'd like. Now I know that the scales isn't the best mesure of prpgress and I wouldn't care if I looked the same (or better!) but sadly that's not the case. Or does it even matter what I'm doing in the gym & it's all down to my diet.

Not sure whether to stick with this ^ for another 6 weeks or to maybe ask p.t for a new programme geared towards fat loss. hmmmm.

Thursday - rest

Friday

Deadlift 5x20kg, 2x10@3540kg

27.530kg
    shoulder press 2x10 @ 7.5kg

Lunges 2x10@7.510kgs
    2 x plank rotations

Changed up ntervals, 2 mins @9.5km, 4x 45 30secs @ 14.516km, rest breaks of 9075secs @6.5km, 1x20secs at 1819km:cool:...walk to cool down

Totals - 14mins, 130cals,2.05km
    This might be slightly off as I had to switch tm's, the speed wouldn't come back down after my first sprint :eek:

Totals - 14mins, 130cals,2.05km
    This might be slightly off as I had to switch tm's, the speed wouldn't come back down after my first sprint :eek:

Tee hee hee hee - Man that must've been funny :)

I was so paniced! At least the stop button worked!!

Sat - Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pac - level 1 - good workout - I could probably watch & notate exercises and add it to my gym workout...should I be so inclined!

I emailed a p.t down the gym (diff guy than the one I've been going to for years, hope that isn't an issue!) to get an appt to get a workout specifically geared to fat loss. But that was yesterday afternon & I haven't heard back..Maybe it's a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

At higher heart rates, your body will turn to glycogen for energy. A higher proportion of fat is burned at a lower heart rate. So you should go for an easy run :)

RayCun wrote: »
    At higher heart rates, your body will turn to glycogen for energy. A higher proportion of fat is burned at a lower heart rate. So you should go for an easy run :)

all that fat burning zone theory is so old hat dahling
    http://caitchock.com/eat-my-shorts-fat-burn-zone-debunking-the-cardio-programs-lies/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

my brick-sized book on running outweighs your blog post :)
    by her logic, there is no such thing as a workout specifically for weight loss anyway, because its all just calories - the harder you work, the more you burn, the less you weigh

Week 3 workout A

Lower body mobilty

Changed reps to 2x8 for next 2 weeks, then I'll go 3x6

2530kg.

Push-ups 2x8 - all off floor, though not to full depth
    1517.5kg

Step-Ups, 2 x8 @ 10kgs but off bench rather than step.
    2 x 10 pliates roll ups

Tm intervals,
    all at 1% gradient
    2 mins @9.5km
    30 secs @ 15.5km x 4
    20 secs @ 20km - well almost....the effin treadmill cut out about 4 seconds from the end. I broke it with my awesome :eek: :D
    down to 6.5 during rests - for 90secs each time. 2 mins before last fast one

totals - :confused: who knows cos it re-set :mad:

So I'vve deicded to mix things up a bit and do 2 days of NROL and on the 3rd day do this
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/best-fat-loss-workout-all-time?page=2

so my week will be

Mon- NROL + intervals
    Tues - Yoga
    Weds - NROL + intervals
    Thurs - rest
    Fri - fat-loss workout
    Sat - JM 6 week 6 pack
    Sun - rest

• Advertisement

Tuesday - yoga

Wednesday NROL week 3

Deadlift 5x30kg, 2x108@4045kg

3031.25kg
    shoulder press 2x108 @ 7.5kg. tried 10kgs but not happening

Lunges 2x8@10kgs
    2 x 20 russian twist with5 kg palte. pulled my left shoulder doing these :mad:

Changed up ntervals, 2 mins @9.5km, 4x 30secs @ 15.5 km, rest breaks of 75secs @6.5km, 1x20secs at 19.5km:cool:...walk to cool down

Totals - 13mins, 121cals,1.91km

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

Or does it even matter what I'm doing in the gym & it's all down to my diet.

More than likely. Your activity level is pretty high.

Here's an option for you that works for a few of my clients...set up an instagram account (if you've got a smart phone), take a picture of everything that passes your lips for about a week with a brief description as the caption. I'll 'follow' you and report back with some notes if you like. My instagram is irishfitness funnily enough ; )

cmyk wrote: »
    More than likely. Your activity level is pretty high.

Here's an option for you that works for a few of my clients...set up an instagram account (if you've got a smart phone), take a picture of everything that passes your lips for about a week with a brief description as the caption. I'll 'follow' you and report back with some notes if you like. My instagram is irishfitness funnily enough ; )

Thanks cmyk. I have an instagram account and I log everything on the whole9 forum. I will pm you now, would love to hear your thoughts.

Thursday - rest day
    Friday - new workout, the best fat burning workout of all time! no less!

It was bloody hard!
    3 rounds, no break between exercises, of:

Single leg deadlifts, 8 e.s @7.5kgs
    Split Squats jump squats - 5 e.s
    Squat to press x 10 , 7.5kg 1st round, then 6's, then 4's :o
    Broad jumps x 8
    Plank with d.b row -8e.s, 6kg/4/4
    Jump rope for 1 minute - using my pink sparkly imaginary jumprope
    Walking lunge with bicep curls, 10 e.s with 6kgs
    Sprint - this was a bit problematic - the instructions say

How to do it: Start in a lunge position with your back at a 45-degree angle, weight shifted forward. Drive through your big toe to take bounding steps forward. After about 10 yards, rest for 30 seconds before starting your next sprint. Quickly shift your hips forward to repeat the forward movement again. Do 5 sprints.

But I can't run *in* in the gym, so I did 5 x100m sprints at 16km on the tm, taking 30 sec walking breaks between - I *tried* the jump on/off method drwhogirl and nearly wet myself! No way!! :eek:

So I was too fooked to do the sprints by the 2nd round, tried to do them at the end in the 3rd round but got a stitch during 1st sprint.

So didn't complete the workout to the letter this week, maybe next week I will bring my phone and do Tabata on the rower for my sprints....

But I did feel like I worked hard for sure.

tomorrow Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack.

Thursday - rest day
    Friday - new workout, the best fat burning workout of all time! no less!

It was bloody hard!
    3 rounds, no break between exercises, of:

Single leg deadlifts, 8 e.s @7.5kgs
    Split Squats jump squats - 5 e.s
    Squat to press x 10 , 7.5kg 1st round, then 6's, then 4's :o
    Broad jumps x 8
    Plank with d.b row -8e.s, 6kg/4/4
    Jump rope for 1 minute - using my pink sparkly imaginary jumpropeWalking lunge with bicep curls, 10 e.s with 6kgs
    Sprint - this was a bit problematic - the instructions say

How to do it: Start in a lunge position with your back at a 45-degree angle, weight shifted forward. Drive through your big toe to take bounding steps forward. After about 10 yards, rest for 30 seconds before starting your next sprint. Quickly shift your hips forward to repeat the forward movement again. Do 5 sprints.

But I can't run *in* in the gym, so I did 5 x100m sprints at 16km on the tm, taking 30 sec walking breaks between - I *tried* the jump on/off method drwhogirl and nearly wet myself! No way!! :eek:

So I was too fooked to do the sprints by the 2nd round, tried to do them at the end in the 3rd round but got a stitch during 1st sprint.

So didn't complete the workout to the letter this week, maybe next week I will bring my phone and do Tabata on the rower for my sprints....

But I did feel like I worked hard for sure.

tomorrow Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack.

:D:D:D

Does anybody else really wanna go the gym with Dolly??

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Does anybody else really wanna go the gym with Dolly??

:P :D
    It's never dull, and don't forget the time my pants feell down too :eek:

:P :D
    It's never dull, and don't forget the time my pants feell down too :eek:

Yeah, yeah, cos you're so frickin' cut, we know... :pac:

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, cos you're so frickin' cut, we know... :pac:

Lol, they were hardly size 8's that were falling off ya know!

Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack level 1 this morning - hard!

• Advertisement

So not a great week so far at the gym, my left leg, ankle in particular is sore, so I haven't been able to do my tm intervals.
    NROL weights only on Monday & today, yoga yesterday.

Advertisement