Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

. I was supposed to do chalean intervals workout but I was felling so wound up I thought a run would benefit me more. 4.84km. Still grouchy though! Scales are down a bit this morning which is nice.

CE Burn Circuit 3 done this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

I'm on the brink of overweight on it ffs. Stupid fat waist.

Better being on the brink of overweight and heading in the direction you're heading than being slap-bang in the middle of the normal weight and heading in the wrong direction.... That's what I kept telling myself when I had a lot of weight to lose.

I'm now at my ideal weight and have changed my goals - trying to put on 1lb of muscle per fortnight - that's the max I've read you can expect when you're lifting weights and eating right. I'd expect to put on some fat along with that but, having lost a similar amount of weight as yourself, we now have the tools and knowledge on how to do it.

Yes better to be moving towards a positive outcome for sure. Just frustrating that after losing 30 lbs and going from bmi 28.5 to 23 I am still "overweight" by the tape. I wonder/despair about what it will take to lose an inch off my waist? I am hoping this weights DVD I'm doing will do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

Yes better to be moving towards a positive outcome for sure. Just frustrating that after losing 30 lbs and going from bmi 28.5 to 23 I am still "overweight" by the tape. I wonder/despair about what it will take to lose an inch off my waist? I am hoping this weights DVD I'm doing will do it!

I found that, when I started weights, the plataue that I'd hit with cardio was bust and the heavier the weights I lifted got, the easier the weight loss got. As you say on another thread, you're looking to buy more weight plates so I think you're definately on the right track.

Also, I'm sure you're aware that you can't target the fat in a certain area, the area it's lost from will be based on genetics. It's funny that a lot of beginners (myself included at one point) think that, by doing sit-ups, you'll lose the belly.

Anyway, continue as you are doing and you'll be very happy in no time....

• Advertisement

Chalean "burn it off" workout this morning. 25 mins of intense cardio.
    Chalean rest day tomorrow but pilates class for me in the evening

Good pilates class tonight, focus on leg work this week.

Week 3 of Chalean Extreme Phase 1
    Burn Circuit 1 complete :)

Great Zumba class tonight, I gave it sox! :D

My weekly home weigh-in and I'm up again! kep to my ww points, exercised *every* day and have gone form 130.6-131. Every week another few ounces on, instead of off! My goal of 126 by end August is not going to plan. In the last 4 weeks I have gone from 129.6-131. Hmmmmm

an no, I have lost inches either :mad:

Strop over, CE Burn Circuit 2 done.

• Advertisement

Thar hardest workout of them all today - Burn intervals - it's longer for a start & non stop as I don't get those little breaks adjusting my weights. Absolute sweat fest.
    Going to try cut back on carbs this week to see if it helps the scales.

So took yesterday off , no workout and went to a kids party and had rocky road and then had burger and small portion (third of bag) of chips from chipper.
    Back on track this morning, did burn circuit 3 and keeping to high protein low carb plan

Chalene Rest Day. Pilates class this evening.

Last Burn Curcuit 1
    next week I move on to the next phase "Push"

Chalean rest day, zumba class tonight

Well zumba didn't happen last night due to circumstances beyond my control ( sigh )
    Chalean burn circuit 2 this morning including her killer "triple threat push ups"

I started up a myfitnesspal account today, well I had one from way way back that I had never used it turned out...
    so I'm aiming for 1200 cals , 40protein/30carbs (from fruit & veg mostly)/30 fat.
    So food diary is here if of interest.

I did a little googling & will be allowing 180 cals for my chalene weights sessions, 300 for the cardio ones, maybe the same for zumba, and 150 for pilates...

CXT - Burn it off this morning - 25 mins intense cardio - those screamers are something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Well zumba didn't happen last night due to circumstances beyond my control ( sigh )
    Chalean burn circuit 2 this morning including her killer "triple threat push ups"

I started up a myfitnesspal account today, well I had one from way way back that I had never used it turned out...
    so I'm aiming for 1200 cals , 40protein/30carbs (from fruit & veg mostly)/30 fat.
    So food diary is here if of interest.

I did a little googling & will be allowing 180 cals for my chalene weights sessions, 300 for the cardio ones, maybe the same for zumba, and 150 for pilates...
    Hi,

I have a myfitnesspal account too and find it great. Its mad how the calories mount up though :-( - I'm on 1200 calories too.

In relation to the calories burned during exercise do you have a heart rate monitor? I was using the average numbers from internet / myfitnesspal etc and found they were out by quite a bit when I got a HRM.

Hiya, no I don't have a hrm..I got the figures for chalean off the beachbody discussion forum.

Last CXT Burn Circuit 3 today.
    I will do Burn Intervals tomorrow and then I'm done with Phase 1.

• Advertisement

Didn't get to do workout today. Did get some exercise in at the family fitness festival at Farmleigh today - a one mile race and some brisk paced orienteering, both with my uber competitive 8 year old. I don't know where he got it lol !

Took photos this morning to compare before & after 30 day of Chalene Extreme. No bloody difference :mad: I can't believe I have been working out so hard & it isn't showing ffs. And I've gone from 129.4 on July 1st to 131.2 this morning.
    I know it probably sounds like I have been a piggy in the kitchen but I haven't. I've been folowing ww points and staying on track all month. Since last thursday I have switched to cc on myfitnesspal so we'll see if that works better for me. I will check my bodyfat% when I do my weekly weigh in on Thursday.

BUT I will not give up, moving on to the next phase of CXT tomorrow and will continue counting cals and striving for improvement.

ETA - did CXT Burn it Off this morning.

Started phase 2: Push of CXT this morning. It's good but I do need to get those extra plates ASAP, hopefully next weekend.
    It's single muscle exercises, lower reps (6-8) and heavier weights (she uses up to 25lb db's).

Zumba tonight! I looked it up and supposedly for me- 60 mins and mid exertion is 426 calories!

Weigh in day for me. Super excited-I'm down! Last week 130.2, this week 129.0 - an all time low for me. The MFP is working for me!

Just finished workout 2 from CXT phase 2 - hard work!

Burn it off cardio workout this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Squatman

if you spend 30 minutes on a cross trainer, you should burn 400 calorie, with a reasonable - high amount of effort! you should easily burn 300! the point im trying to make is, its a more efficient form of weight loss than your zumba!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Squatman

if you spend 30 minutes on a cross trainer, you should burn 400 calorie, with a reasonable - high amount of effort! you should easily burn 300! the point im trying to make is, its a more efficient form of weight loss than your zumba! if you spend the same amount of time on the cross trainer, you will see the weight shed off far faster! Consistency is key, and a clean diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Squatman wrote: »
    if you spend 30 minutes on a cross trainer, you should burn 400 calorie, with a reasonable - high amount of effort! you should easily burn 300! the point im trying to make is, its a more efficient form of weight loss than your zumba! if you spend the same amount of time on the cross trainer, you will see the weight shed off far faster! Consistency is key, and a clean diet!

It might be more efficient but I'd bet it's a hell of alot more boring, and difficult to stick with.

• Advertisement

Squatman wrote: »

I love my zumba - would WAY rather do that than slog on a crosstrainer for half an hour.

Advertisement