Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Push circuit 3 done this morning.
    Am getting new plates tomorrow so I'll be ae to increase weights next week :)

Didn't have time to do the longer cardio intervals workout this morning so did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 3 instead.

Great pilates class tonight, abs hurting!

Week 2 of push phase - circuit 1 today. Have all my new weight plates so was able to go heavier but my head is melted figuring out the sums :o

Week 2 of push phase - circuit 1 today. Have all my new weight plates so was able to go heavier but my head is melted figuring out the sums :o

Plan for today is a 3k run with my boy (he wants to do a 5k race end Sept) and then Zumba this evening.

• Advertisement

Plan for today is a 3k run with my boy (he wants to do a 5k race end Sept) and then Zumba this evening.

Done :) 3.2 km slow run with a few walk breaks, darn pesky kids! And gave it sox at zumba, 500 cals of exercise today :)

ah booo, weight not down this week, in fact a little bit up . 129>129.4 but body fat down 0.3% if my scales is to be believed, which means I gained muscle ...maybe...who knows

food/exercise
    1275/156
    1380/294
    1354/154
    1513/194
    1418/146
    1445/156
    1328/555

average 1387/236 = I should have goodamn lost at least 1lb!!! :mad:

ETA - week 2, push circuit 2 just completed. LOVE this workout.

Taking today off as I'll be doing 2 workouts tomorrow.

Week 2 of push phase circuit 3 done.
    Zumba event tonight.

Eta well I'm on the bus home after walking out of the zumba, absolutely rubbish set up. That's my cals fuvked up for the day. Grrr

Complete write off of a day yesterday :( time of the month and bad mood - no exercise & ate way too much.

Better day today - did 5k run this morning in sunny park & have pilates this evening.

eta - pilates didn't happen, had to take to bed with headache & sick stomach :(

• Advertisement

week 3 of push phase :) workout 1 done this morning.
    AND I purchased my first ever tub of protein!

Zumba tonight

Weight up again this week, by another 0.2lbs!
    Crazy, I have been on an intensive exercise & diet regime since for 6 weeks and I'm the exact same weight!! I will take measurements & photos on 1st of the month and see if there's any changes for August.

Anyways - push phase,week 3, workout 2 done.

Cardio day today but I'm just So tired I'm taking a rest day

Week 3 push phase, workout 3 done.
    Got a hrm so tested it out this am, I had been putting in 156 on MFP for this and I was very close - 160, so that's good.

Burn it off cardio workout done this morning.
    Used the hrm, only 216 cals - had estimated 300 on MFP previously. Oh well, at least I know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Squatman

I love my zumba - would WAY rather do that than slog on a crosstrainer for half an hour.

i only meant if your serious about losing weight:confused:

Squatman wrote: »

Well that's a bit bloody cheeky! Of course I am serious about my fitness and weight loss, this log & previous ones can attest to that. I have already lost 32lbs to date fyi.
    If for one days exercise I burn 400 cals in an hour doing something I enjoy vs burning 400 cals in 30 mins doing something that, to me, is a chore what bloody difference does it make?

Plenty of people read this log & do not comment, so if you're going to be nit-picking and offering snide remarks maybe you could be one of those boardsies.

Pilates class this evening. Wore hrm, pleasantly surprised with 160 cal burn.
    Tomorrow is the start of my last week of the push phase of Chalean Extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

What's your plan of action for when chalean extreme is finished and school is back????

• Advertisement

What's your plan of action for when chalean extreme is finished and school is back????

Next week I start the Lean phase of CXT. So I'll be doing that till end of Sept, I may actually do it down the gym, will be nice not having to change the plates on dumbells all the time!
    For October I will go back and do 4 weeks of the programme I was doing before the summer. And then my gym membership is up on the 31st. I am considering not renewing it and doing kettlebell classes instead.

Feeling pretty pissed off this morning as I set myself the goal of losing a measly 4 lbs over the 8 weeks of holidays and it hasn't happened :( Unless I lose 3.5 lbs in the next 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Wow! You are very hard on yourself! But then I reckon most of us ladies are like that:( I have found in the past that it got harder and harder to lose fat the closer I got to my target...

You should totally do a kettlebell class. I absolutely love it. I don't know where you are based but I go to the one run by cmyk in BHAF in Sandyford and I would really recommend it.

Wow! You are very hard on yourself! But then I reckon most of us ladies are like that:( I have found in the past that it got harder and harder to lose fat the closer I got to my target...

Ah thank goodness I do not have the self-loathing I had when I was at 161 :rolleyes: it's more frustration that I am working my ass off and not seeing the results. When I started losing weight all I wanted was to be a comfaortable size 14, now I'm a size 10-12 and I want to be ripped! or at least not jiggly.

I'm in d12, kids go to school in rathfarnham so I am thinking I could go here
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/AlloverFitness/106692672695103?sk=info
    after dropping them off .

Ok, less moaning from me & more fitness log catching up!

Tuesday - Push circuit 1 of CXT
    Wednesday - Zumba class
    Thursday will be Push circuit 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Squatman wrote: »

Hmmm.....

Someone who is serious about losing weight is consistent in their approach AND incorporates things that they like into their plan. If you have a look through Dotcomdolly's log you'll see that she is very consistent.

Why do people always presume that if you want to lose weight you have to kill yourself in the process..it's just not the case. Hell, I could eat below maintenance and do absolutely no exercise and still lose weight. Being serious is not measured by how red your face is leaving the gym. Think about it, which would benefit someone more..slogging away of a xtrainer for 30min twice a week and hating every moment of it and seeing exercise as a 'punishment' or the person who does activity that they like for 30min a day/5times a week consistently..not only will the person who chooses things that they like stick to their plan for longer but hopefully make it part of their lifestyle too. I would even go as far to say that they'd probably be in a better place mentally too.

Maybe read through someone's log first, before you go critising.

thanks gymfreak, appreciate your support :)

CXT, Push circuit 2 done this morning.

Catch up from me :)
    Thursday I took a planned day off calorie counting and exercise and I enjoyed it thoroughly!
    Friday I had a hangover (see above!) , didn't exercise but didn't succumb to the munchies either.
    Back on track today. Bought powdered spirulina to add to my protein shakes.
    Also started Turbo Jam, did "learn + burn" and "20 minutes TJ workout" for 210 cal burn total. It's a kick boxing style workout, good fun.
    Last workout of Push phase tomorrow.

Last push workout this morning. Looking fwd to starting "Lean"

Just did turbo jam 20 min workout, pilates class this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Catch up from me :)
    Thursday I took a planned day off calorie counting and exercise and I enjoyed it thoroughly!
    Friday I had a hangover (see above!) , didn't exercise but didn't succumb to the munchies either.
    Back on track today. Bought powdered spirulina to add to my protein shakes.
    Also started Turbo Jam, did "learn + burn" and "20 minutes TJ workout" for 210 cal burn total. It's a kick boxing style workout, good fun.
    Last workout of Push phase tomorrow.

Interested to hear you get on with Turbo Jam - am starting Turbo Fire next week and think its quite similar. I'm not the most co-ordinated :eek:- are the moves hard?!!

Advertisement