Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Well the Turbo Fire is harder than the Jam so I hear.
    I have done it twice & am not seamless yet by any means :rolleyes: But I'll get there!
    If you've done tae-bo classes or similar it will be a huge help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Thanks! Have done tae-bo classes in the past and loved them (although was always the least graceful in the class!). Found them great for toning arms and legs.

It certainly works the obliques, maybe it'll help me drop that elsuive inch off my waist! I realised how much when we were doing side planks at pilates this evening - ow ow ow.
    Great pilates class this evening. I really have a very low pain threshold when it comes to ab exercises though :(

Wowsa:eek: Just did workout 1 of the Lean phase - much harder! But great, oh I do <3 Chalene, she is like the antithesis of Jillian Michaels mean sneer.

I took photos this morning and even though I am exactly the same weight, to the ounce! that I was 60 days ago I think my stomach area has toned up a bit. Pics here if you haven't eaten recently:o

• Advertisement

So...where was I...
    Zumba class last night, great craic.
    Chalean Extreme Lean Phase, workout 2 - wow, almost 300 cals in 45 mins (incl munerous plate changes), not bad for a strength workout.
    Boyfat down 0.5% this week :)

Yesterday a 5k run in the park. Today, day of rest.
    I'm planning to do a 5km race in 3 weeks so will be running more now, and the kids are back in school now :)

Just did workout 3 of lean phase - lots of push ups!

5km run in the park this morning.

week2workout1 of lean done.
    Went back to ww class (gold member) for a post summer weigh-in. Last weighed in 28/06, was 1.5lbs down today to 9st3 on their scales. A total loss of 2st4 since I joined in June 09 :)

• Advertisement

Went to gym this morning for the first time since end June! Did my treadmill workout - hill & sprint intervals - 345 cals in 33 mins :)

Workout 2 week 2 of Lean done this morning, 280 cals.
    Taking tomorrow off - will do cardio shopping :D
    Saturday, zumba, Sunday workout 3 of Lean.

Short Zumba class this morning - 270 cal burn

Plan for the coming week
    Sunday - Lean workout 3
    Monday - treadmill training at gym (pilates finished now)
    Tuesday - Lean workout 1
    Wednesday - 5k run in a.m, zumba in pm
    Thursday - Lean workout 2
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - 5k run
    Sunday - Lean workout 3

Last workout of lean week 2 done.

I got a living social deal for rock fitness , one months unlimited classes for 29e, they have a great range of classes, most of which I haven't tried before so looking fwd to that!

Plan for the coming week
    Sunday - Lean workout 3 DONE
    Monday - treadmill training at gym (pilates finished now) DONE
    Tuesday - Lean workout 1 DONE
    Wednesday - 5k run in a.m - nto sure about this, might be too windy!
    zumba in pm
    Thursday - Lean workout 2
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - 5k run
    Sunday - Lean workout 3

Plan for the coming week
    Wednesday - 5k run in a.m - nto sure about this, might be too windy! - as it happened a workman was coming so I couldn't anyway..
    Zumba in pm DONE
    Thursday - Lean workout 2 DONE
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - 5k run
    Sunday - Lean workout 3

Plan for the coming week
    Wednesday - 5k run in a.m - nto sure about this, might be too windy! - as it happened a workman was coming so I couldn't anyway..
    Zumba in pm DONE
    Friday - rest DONE :)
    Saturday - 5k run swap around here as I had to mind kids while dh did the half marathon so will do run in the morning
    Sunday - Lean workout 3

Plan for next week

Monday lean workout 1
    Tuesday treadmill training
    Weds lean wo 2
    Thurs 5k run
    Friday lean wo 3
    Saturday rest
    Sunday 5k race!!!

That will be my last week of the lean phase and the whole Chalean Extreme programme. I would wholly rec it to anyone who wants to do weights at home.

Monday 25/09- Sun 30/09 > back to gym where I'll do the weights routine I got from gym instructor back last Spring. I've decided not to renew my membership when it finishes at end of October.

Monday 6/11 (after midterm break) I'll start my one months classes at Rock Fitness in Dundrum.

In December or maybe January, depending on finances, I will start kettlebell classes at All over fitness in Rathfarnham.

They say if you fail to plan you plan to fail so I'm evidently going to be completely awesome! :D

Plan for the coming week
    Zumba in pm DONE
    Friday - rest DONE :)
    Saturday - 5k run swap around here as I had to mind kids while dh did the half marathon so will do run in the morning
    Sunday - Lean workout 3

5k run done - pushed myself and have to face the facts that there is no way I will get a pb next week, unless they mis-measure by 500m! Did this race 2 years ago (my first ever race) in 29:07, so I'll beat that, but my 5k pb is 26:15 (March 2010) and I haven't a chance of getting close to that. I reckon it'll be around 27-28 mins....watch this space

Plan for the week
    Monday lean workout 1 DONE upped the weights a bit :) my last week of Chalene, I'll miss it!
    Tuesday treadmill training - my calf is feeling a bit twingey so I think I will do some diff cardio - maybe turbojam.
    Weds lean wo 2
    Thurs 5k run
    Friday lean wo 3
    Saturday rest
    Sunday 5k race!!!

Plan for the week
    Monday lean workout 1 DONE upped the weights a bit :) my last week of Chalene, I'll miss it!
    Tuesday treadmill training - my calf is feeling a bit twingey so I think I will do some diff cardio - maybe turbojam. DONE Did turbojam cardio party mix 1 - good fun (242 cals)
    Weds lean wo 2
    Thurs 5k run
    Friday lean wo 3
    Saturday rest
    Sunday 5k race!!!

• Advertisement

Plan for the week
    Tuesday treadmill training - my calf is feeling a bit twingey so I think I will do some diff cardio - maybe turbojam. DONE Did turbojam cardio party mix 1 - good fun (242 cals)
    Weds lean wo 2 DONE and Zumba tonight too!
    Thurs 5k run
    Friday lean wo 3
    Saturday rest
    Sunday 5k race!!!

Plan for the week
    Thurs 5k run DONE :D
    Friday lean wo 3
    Saturday rest
    Sunday 5k race!!!

Plan for the week
    Thurs 5k run DONE
    Friday lean wo 3 DONE and the last workout of my 12 week Chalean Extreme program, really enjoyed these workouts, good if not jaw-dropping results - can see a difference in my arms & stomach for sure.
    Saturday rest
    Sunday 5k race!!!

Go me! Pb of 25:59 at today's race! Prev best of 26:15

Pretty sore this morning but went to gym promising myself a jacuzzi & sauna after.

So back to my old programme for the month until my membership is up. I've been a member since it opened in 05 & I'll miss it but just don't have the cash and am bored with the place.

Supersets, 4-6 reps, 5 sets, 90 sec rest between each set. Tempo=4down,1up
    A1 > Deadlift - 35kg , 6x5
    A2 > Flat DB Press, hammergrip - 7.5 x2, 10'sx3

Supersets, 5-7 reps, 5 sets, 90 sec rest between each set
    B1 > One legged calf raise with bicep curl. 6kg. 12x5
    B2 > 30degree DB Press - 10kg, 7x5

then on the ellipitical I did 2 min warm up, then go hard for 30secs, recover for 90 - 3 times, 2 min cooldown

total cals burn- 220

A short, slow, sore run this morning. Only 3.5km.
    meeting with pt tomorrow morning to get body fat tested.

Workout 2
    4-6 reps, 5 sets
    A1 > Split squat, front foot on step, 6reps x7.5
    A2 > Latt pulldown, narrow grip, 6 reps x 25kg

5-7 reps, 4 sets
    B1 > Reverse Lunges, 7.5's - 12 reps in total
    B2 > 30 degree supported row. 7 x 7.5kg

And I met with a p.t to get a body fat analysis. He did a 12 point mesurements and my total was 147.8mm => 17.7% :eek: This seems to good to be true to me but he stressed it's not how much skin you can pull it's the thickness underneath so maybe I am this lean :cool: - some of my mesurements I was really pleased with - 16.8 for triceps, supposedly most women are over 20 :)

Zumba class this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

And I met with a p.t to get a body fat analysis. He did a 12 point mesurements and my total was 147.8mm => 17.7% :eek: This seems to good to be true to me but he stressed it's not how much skin you can pull it's the thickness underneath so maybe I am this lean :cool: - some of my mesurements I was really pleased with - 16.8 for triceps, supposedly most women are over 20 :)

Zumba class this evening

That is fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself, it is hard to get under 20% one of the fitness instructors I work with has been trying for a very long time to get hers under 20% and it happened recently and she was delighted and yes she is very lean. Well Done! Keep up the great work :)

That is fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself, it is hard to get under 20% one of the fitness instructors I work with has been trying for a very long time to get hers under 20% and it happened recently and she was delighted and yes she is very lean. Well Done! Keep up the great work :)

Not being self-deprecating but I am hesitant to believe the reading, because I do not look like a super lean fitness instructor....YET!
    but even if it's in reality 5% MORE, ie. 22% I'd still be happy.
    maybe if I have a windfall I'll get an analysis done in the bodpos in Trinity for €60.

Today - 5k run in the sunshine (bit too hot!) in Marlay park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Not being self-deprecating but I am hesitant to believe the reading, because I do not look like a super lean fitness instructor....YET!
    but even if it's in reality 5% MORE, ie. 22% I'd still be happy.
    maybe if I have a windfall I'll get an analysis done in the bodpos in Trinity for €60.

Today - 5k run in the sunshine (bit too hot!) in Marlay park.

Heat outside today is lethal, wouldnt even mind but it's overcast, nearly melted when I went outside just there!

Where is this place in Trinity you are on about? :confused:

Advertisement