Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy Hardbody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

5.8km run, lovely fresh morning

So I started my living social deal this morning, one months unlimited classes at rock fitness. Really liked the place, small, clean & very friendly.
    So I did my first ever spin class - baptism of fire seeing as I haven't cycled in 20 years! Found it tough I'll admit - killed my thighs and lower back, but a great workout - 480 cals in 45 mins! My ass is so sore now though.

I got an opportunity of a free facial this morning so an ideal time to take a rest day. The bones of my arse/pelvis are killing me from the spinning, I hope it gets better soon!

This morning a (too tame for me) step class with tummy exercises at end and then did the toning class after, which was grand...

Circuits class this morning, it was great, I think my fav so far. He had it set up like supersets of cardio/weights
    so 4 mins of 30 secs on each exercise
    - step up (*really* high step)/ dumbell row (2x5kg)
    - lateral step/shoulder press (2x5kg)
    - speed step/ push ups
    - burpees/farmers walk (2x15kg)

• Advertisement

Todays class - Boxercise! Wow, super tough, my arms are going to be killing me tomorrow. I think we did 4 sets of 40 push-ups over the course of the class....ouch.

Plan for coming week

Saturday - rest
    Sunday - 5k run
    Monday - Bootcamp
    Tuesday - Bodyattack
    Weds - Spin & tone
    Thurs - Circuits
    Fri - Pilates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Body attack sounds a bit gruesome!!:D

Methven wrote: »
    Body attack sounds a bit gruesome!!:D

I think it will be my body that will be under attack!
    http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodyattack/about-bodyattack.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

You ook great in your photos there. You've given me some hope - I'm due a baby in 3 weeks and feeling enormous and that I'll never get back to normal - defo feel better after seeing your inspirational pics!

• Advertisement

You ook great in your photos there. You've given me some hope - I'm due a baby in 3 weeks and feeling enormous and that I'll never get back to normal - defo feel better after seeing your inspirational pics!

Thanks :) and best of luck with the birth of your little one. My top tips would be to stock up on heathy snacks, get some meals in the freezer etc - anything to avoid snacking on bsicuits etc when you're knackered and ringing out for take-out when you're knackered (notice the theme?). As soon as you feel physically fit enough, get out for a walk with baby every day - great for your sanity aswell as getting you back to "normal". It's lovely to go for a walk with a new born anyway as lots of people will stop & admire your precious bundle :D

Didn't go for a run today after all but did almost 2 hours of orienteering around Djouce mountain, brilliant!

Bah, no hym today :( Caught my dd's tummy bug and feeling mighty queasy, decided I'd chance it anyway. On the way I stopped to fill up the car, then the credit card wouldn't work, so I had to pay cash, meaning I didn't have the €2 left to pay for parking at the gym..
    Probably for the best, nobody like puking at boot camp really...

Feeling back to myself today :) did a "bodyattack" class. Didn't know what to expect but really enjoyed it, it was like a high intensity aerobics. He even had us outside doing the fire escape 2 steps at a time!

Great class this afternoon - "spin & tone" a 25 spin class, loads of sprints, and then run upstairs, on jelly legs, to the studio for 10 intense minutes of pushups squats and a killer 60 sec plank. 
    I really enjoy spinning but it isn't the class for me, it hurts my lower back more than is healthy. 

Circuit class today, deadly. I love the way it's nearly all weights. Hitting a touch over 127lbs this morning. 8st something will be mine!!!

No class yesterday, awesome bodyattack class today.

Weighing in at 126.8 today, only half a pound away from 9st, which will be 2.5st lost :D

Another week of classes, must say I'm loving it!

Monday - Bootcamp
    Tuesday - Bodyattack *and*Bodybalance Rocktone
    Wednesday - Rocktone Spin&Tone?
    Thursday - Circuits
    Friday - Boxercise

Bah have NCT on Tuesday, will have to re-jig

Did my boot camp and toning class as planned. Tone class today was good , we each had 3 stations and were to do 3 sets of 30 reps on each. I lapped the 3 other class participants. Ha!
    My ass is killing me from all the step ups and walking lunges!
    Going to skip tomorrow as I don't want to test my back on the spin bike.

Day off yesterday, today circuits, was good.

• Advertisement

Boxercise yesterday, it was good, just wish I paired up with stronger girls..
    no classes today as studio is being refurbished, might go for a run over the weekend...
    Monday - bootcamp
    Tuesday - bodyattack + bodybalance
    Weds - off
    Thurs - circuits
    Fri - boxercise
    Sat - bodyattack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Boxercise yesterday, it was good, just wish I paired up with stronger girls..

Do you get to knock them out at least?:D

No I just get to feel frustrated at the spaghetti arm wussiness :D

Maybe you should join a men's one instead :-)

Methven wrote: »
    Maybe you should join a men's one instead :-)

Yeah I think I'm dead hard, I'm probably not...:D

Bootcamp today. They've built a stage in the studio so loads of exercises off a very high step!

Phew! I need a nap!
    9.30 - Body attack (370cals)
    10.15 - Body balance (180 cals) first time doing this, it was great, a mix of tai chi, yoga and general stretching(not very far in my case)

Some progress pics
    I am pretty pleased with the change here - Pic on left taken 1 July, right 1 Dec (almost! ). The weight loss is pretty small - 129.6>126.8 so just shows there is more than the scales as a measure of progress.

Well done! Very noticeable difference especially in tummy. You must be delighted with the progress.

• Advertisement

Yes I am thanks! Especially compared to my really before (posted on 3/11 if you go back a couple of pages, definitely not in knickers!!)
    Just shows not to heed the scales too much, cos 3lbs in 5months sounds pretty poor doesn't it but my "mothers apron" tummy is visibly 'lifted' and that makes me smile :D

Advertisement