Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone ever use this

Options
  • 16-02-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

A friend of mine loves his triathalons, he was telling me if you re training for more than 1 hour plus that a maltodextrin suppliment/ drink is what would work best for keeping your muscles working effectively, I havn't tried it my self as valentines+birthdays etc are keepin my pockets empty lately. Theres probably some benefit if you re constantly paddling for staying more allert? probably yet another money racket using some tiny research blip to sell dust in a bucket:rolleyes:. Anyone ever use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

diet supplements are usually fairly usefull, not as useful as the ads would have you believe but the science behind the basic ones (like maltodextrin) is sound

there is no difference between surfing and any other physical excersise, if you ask in the fitness forum they will tell you exactly what might help surfing in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Keep your money in your pocket.

Stay off the booze, sleep more, get some swimming/running in, some core strength work and you'll keep those surfing muscles happy.

OB (surfing nearly 20 years and doing triathlons for more than 10 - feck it, getting old :))

Advertisement