Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car Rental - Phoenix

Options
  • 16-02-2011 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Heading off to phoenix again for a few weeks, looking for some thoughts on car rental.

This time last year rented a car with Budget for 5 days. About €800, but in fairness we booked on the day we rented and they screwed us on the cdw/ldw/sli stuff. Hadn't rented before so.. "they saw us coming" really. Got a Toyota Corolla.

Last October got a good deal with Alamo, booked online, 10 days for a Nissan Titan, cdw/ldw/sli all inclusive. €400, no complaints here.

However it seems that there is a better deal available to me, and I want peoples opinion if its too good to be true. Looks like I can get a Dodge Charger (or similar) 4 door, not 2! 13 days in Phoenix (with extra drivers + full tank) for €410.
    hwwehu.jpg
    Your Rental Includes
    * Unlimited Kilometres for ALL car groups

* Insurance ( - Collision Damage Waiver - Theft Protection - 3rd Party Liability - Supplimentary Liability Insurance - Uninsured Motorist Protection )
    * Local Taxes
    * Airport Surcharge
    * Premium location fee
    * Initial Tank of Fuel
    * Additional Drivers (aged 25 years or over)
    * Homeland Security Fee

This is with http://carhire3000.ie. Has anyone used them before? Are they reliable?

Some others that look good are, Hertz directly. Also www.autoeurope.ie andwww.holidayautos.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Looks right to me. They might however, try sneak some charges when you arrive, but you should be able to push this number! They also might add extra for an international license.

Also, keep in mind, that the similar cars can be a huge let down. When it gets closer to your trip (maybe two weeks before it), I would suggest calling the car hire company it's going through to see if you can get the charger. If you ask nicely, they might put one aside for you, especially considering you're taking it for 13 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Yeah I heard of people getting pretty poor cars compared to what they wanted. I will call em a couple of weeks before hand to try ensure I get the Charger.

Thanks.

Advertisement