Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giving up smoking

• 16-02-2011 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm trying to quit the fags and having a hard time.

A friend said I should eat cold Turkey as it helped them get off them

Will this actually work? has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well you could ask on the giving up smoking forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Have you tried getting one of your parents to lock you under the stairs with a full pack and telling them not to let you out until you've smoked the lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

well you could ask on the giving up smoking forum

I said Turkey, not Chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm trying to quit the fags and having a hard time.

A friend said I should eat cold Turkey as it helped them get off them

Will this actually work? has anyone tried it?

No no you have to give up cold turkey not start eating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

bonerm wrote: »
    Have you tried getting one of your parents to lock you under the stairs with a full pack and telling them not to let you out until you've smoked the lot?

Or do the Trainspotting route and have the parents lock you in your bedroom while you go delirious from lack of fags.

A crying baby crawling on the ceiling towards you is a possiblity, just watch out when it turns it's head 180 degrees and drops on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It should work with any poultry based product, if you have no turkey just keep eating chicken, as long as your mouth is constantly stuffed you will have no room to insert the fag (oooo matron) in your gob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

There's been studies to suggest that mixing cannabis with tobacco can reduce your risk of cancer and COPD due to the anti-carcinogens present in cannabis cancelling out the carcinogens present in tobacco.

..Just sayin'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

liah wrote: »
    There's been studies to suggest that mixing cannabis with tobacco can reduce your risk of cancer and COPD due to the anti-carcinogens present in cannabis cancelling out the carcinogens present in tobacco.

..Just sayin'..

I lost you after "suggest".... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

liah wrote: »

..Just sayin'..

In similar tests heroin and cocaine have been found to cancel each other's negative effects out successfully and become one super happy safe wonder-drug.

Cocrion they call it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

go fort hypnosis....by far the easiest way to give up the cigs...
    in fact it's so easy I go back on them every few years for a few months and then trot off back to my hypnotist to get me back off them :D
    Now off them a month after relapsing last September..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    In similar tests heroin and cocaine have been found to cancel each other's negative effects out successfully and become one super happy safe wonder-drug.

Cocrion they call it.

Pfft, at least mine's true! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Jimmy the Wheel

I haven't smoked in 5 weeks and got off them using snuff.

Meaning I'm still hooked on the nicotine, but at least I can breathe a little easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Check my sig ,Im off the real ones 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I stopped smoking over three years ago. None of this new age, lazer hypnosis, acupuncture, chewing gum patch, inhaler, support group for me. Cold turkey. Will Power. Talk to him, he'll sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Jimmy the Wheel

Will Power. Talk to him, he'll sort you out.

Father Clint's brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

It's pretty easy, just stop smoking cigarettes. Voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gee bush

I stopped smoking over three years ago. None of this new age, lazer hypnosis, acupuncture, chewing gum patch, inhaler, support group for me. Cold turkey. Will Power. Talk to him, he'll sort you out.

smoked fags & weed daily for 5 years and gave up in december 09 & still going strong!!!
    the craving never goes away, you have to keep telling yourself its for your own good.
    Agree 100% will power is no1 without that you've no chance everything else is an excuse to go back smoking when they don't work.... know from experience...... tis all down to you!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a forum for this.
    The cuckoos nest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement