Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need broadband, but only for 6 months

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,

Ive got a seven month contract to work down here in Cork and we need broadband, got one of those o2 sticks, but we need faster broadband. However, every company seems to have a 12 month policy, was about to sign up with eircom but they were going to charge us €110 to install a phone line. So started looking at UPC until i saw they charge a hundred euro to cancel the plan before the 12 months.

Basically is there any company that we can sign up to for a 6 month contract? We are renting and the landlord is ok with us getting broadband, but wont take on any commitments which is fair enough - is there any way we can get around paying a huge sum?

Thanks

EDIT: just to also add, we want wireless installed, 3 laptops will be working off it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

'Fraid not, all of them seem to be operating 12 month contracts atm,

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

Hi,

Ive got a seven month contract to work down here in Cork and we need broadband, got one of those o2 sticks, but we need faster broadband. However, every company seems to have a 12 month policy, was about to sign up with eircom but they were going to charge us €110 to install a phone line. So started looking at UPC until i saw they charge a hundred euro to cancel the plan before the 12 months.

Basically is there any company that we can sign up to for a 6 month contract? We are renting and the landlord is ok with us getting broadband, but wont take on any commitments which is fair enough - is there any way we can get around paying a huge sum?

Thanks

EDIT: just to also add, we want wireless installed, 3 laptops will be working off it

have only heard of 12 month contracts........... can i also ask what kind of speed where you getting from the o2 dongle in the sticks?

Advertisement