If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PFL5405H/05 Tv/computer monitor

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a PFL5405H/05 for a bit of Tv and some wii and xbox gaming.

I intend to build a gaming PC later on in the year and would like to use this as a monitor.

Any compatibility issues i should watch out for with this model?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Big_show

I've attached a copy of the of the spec for the 42PFL5405 for you below (this TV is also available in 32 and 37" flavours)

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

The PFL5405H range is an excellent TV especially at the price as its well featured
    1080p Full HD
    100Hz refresh rate
    2ms response time
    Pixel Plus HD image processing engine
    Amoungst the the picture presets there is a dedicated GAME setting - worth exploring

Connectivity wise you have 3x HDMI (good for your XBox and i'd guess your Gaming PC will have this type of output, so perfect for that)
    1x SCART
    1x Component input - perfect for your Wii with the optional Component cable, the best way to connect the Wii to the TV - your other option is compsite in via SCART

As far as compatibility issues I can honestly say I'm not aware of any - LOTS of folks plug XBox/PS3/Wii and PC's into TV's nowadays and I havent heard of any issues arising.
    If you have any particular question you'd like me to answer compatability wise, please fire away

What screen size are you thinking off?
    We have the 32PFL5405H for €499.99
    The 37PFL5405H comes in at €599.99
    and the 42PFL5405H is €699.99

If you see it elsewhere cheaper let me know and I'll do you a deal:)

Thanks for contacting us

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Just bought the 42PFL5405 off Ashley and I can tell you its a Brilliant TV, glad I didn't go for a smaller one! The bezel and resolution suit 42inches perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

PM Sent Ashley :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

cool will looksee at it and get back to you

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.