Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get quail eggs and micro salads Dublin

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get quail eggs and micro salads in Dublin (preferably north county)?

I'm going to try and keep a rolling crop of micro salads myself this year but is there anywhere you could buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Most Asian shops have quail eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I have bought them in Tesco.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

FXB's on moore street sell quail eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Thanks...

I got them in the Asian supermarket at The Castle shopping Centre in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I'm going to try and keep a rolling crop of micro salads myself this year but is there anywhere you could buy them?

What are you growing? How often will you sow? Any idea how long it is before they are ready? Then, how long before they get too big?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'm still not entirely sure. I need to do some reading. I rushed into it last year and ended up with bumper crops all ready at once and there was a lot of waste. Except the mint (mojitos). I have seeds for mixed lettuce, thyme, fennel, dill, sage, mint, coriander... and a few more besides. Lots of those herbs have flowers you can eat. I guess I'll just sow some every 3 weeks.

The mixed lettuces are great. You just pick as you need and they grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The mixed lettuces are great. You just pick as you need and they grow back.

I had a window box with mixed lettuces last year. Provided me with most of my salad leaves for several months until they suddenly wilted sometime in late August iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joboots

Hi, I seen them in Dunnes Stores in Blanchardstown last week, where the chickens were....

Advertisement