Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making a SATA drice on PCI card a boot disk

Options
  • 16-02-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

upgrading a Compaq EVO D510 with a 20GB EIDE drive. Stuck in a new SATA drive and PCI SATA controller and cloned the disks.(disk is loose as there is only space for one disk internally) Windows XP see's the second disk fine when booting off the existing EIDE disk. So I know I have a god setup.

My problem is selecting the SATA disk controller/disk as the bootable device in the BIOS. They are just not an option, it is the usual EIDE Disk/CD/Floppy & Network. I have updated the BIOS to the latest availble.(which is still old of course) Am I stuck here, is this machine just too old to know what SATA was?

Any advice appreciated.

ps. meant to say, BIOS can see the card in the PCI slot fine.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

if your running XP, u need to run setup again with F6 option to load sata drivers.
    or you can boot to recovery console also and rescan for bootables (Bootcfg?). sorry cant remember just now.:o

Advertisement