Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idra leaving Korea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

smug bastard. really hate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would love if the West caught up or surpassed Asia...but it's not going to happen. It could start doing better. As mentioned there is the MLG (now expanding to Europe too), Dreamhack, etc. Still a while off though and Korea will always be the pinnacle I think!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Wel lwe still have the Incontrols annoucements, which is heavily rumored to be the North America Starcraft League.

MLG has a quite impressive prize pool for starcraft this year, and with the partnership for europe its just going to expand.

We also have the ESL and the IEM.

dont forget about various other LANs as well that will be holding 2,000-3,000$ prize tournamnets around the states and also the Dreamhacks. There is also the big SC2 tournent coming up in Italy.

With these established sports leagues(IEM/ESL/MLG/DreamHack) SC2 cam in during the leagues, so they are starting from half way, Sundance said that MLG picked up SC2 but were not preparied for it as it was after they booked everything.

I really think that Starcraft comeptitve play in the western world is going to extemly boom this year, all we need to do is hold it off.

I find that there isnt a lack of tournamnets, what there is a lakc of is good casters, these also are extremly important in the growth of eSports in any game and without proper casters people wil lbe getting lost inside the game and lose intrest.

but going bacck on topic there, Ya i think that Incontrols annoucement has a part ot play for IdrA coming back and moving into california house with Machine and "Peter". He spent 3 years in korea with both BW and SC2 and he feels he can make more money in outside tournamnets. Korea will always hold the best players and the best tournamnet, but its only 1 tournamnet that gives a good payday if you break into the brackets(top8/4) Jinro is hard breaking into the field and thinks that he will get more wins in America/Europe.

That is why Jinro is staying, he has gone deep into the recent tournamnets and he says he is just getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

he will win more in the US and EU than in KR so it's a wise choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

i love idra, people get a bad idea of him cos of the whole blown out proportion rage thing.
    hes a cool guy i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah agreed, I think Idra is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BUfels

He's an amazing player, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's a complete prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

if you watch his stream (and follow idra closely), you will know that idra is such a cool guy. the reason he 'bm' is simple, he cares so much for the game and some players really aim to get him rage by doing those cheesey ****e :pac: plus if you are speaking of the best sc2 player in the macro mechanics aspect, idra must be among the top3, imo.

OT:
    i'd say it is a wise choice, now gsl doesnt run the big gsl(like gsl1/2/3) as frequently as they did so moving back and focus on us/eu tourneys will probably be a better choice(more $$ and popularity). i'd like to see will idra go back for gsl if zerg gets buff :pac:

also dont forget that the players in the same bracket of the next Code S get some free win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Someone gets brought in to replace him, usually

edit: never mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

seraphimvc wrote: »

also dont forget that the players in the same bracket of the next Code S get some free win!

yes, idras best friends clide and zenio get free wins so they advance to play mvp and MC in the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hehe:D i was hoping we will get a idra v zenio grudge match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Toxic7

Idra Dead - GSL Tribute

A video they played for Idra during the current GSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Toxic7 wrote: »
    Idra Dead - GSL Tribute

A video they played for Idra during the current GSL

I laugh every time I see this. No matter how BM IdrA is, I have to admit over the last few months he has brought us some fantastic stuff. Grack, High Five, Tribute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yes, idras best friends clide and zenio get free wins so they advance to play mvp and MC in the next round.

Doh!

Advertisement