Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to pay off credit card debt?

Options
  • 16-02-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hello everyone,
    i am in dept with a credit card,and i have been paying off the minimum payment due for the last couple of months,but now i am finding it hard to even pay that,the interest on the credit card is very high at 21%, i have read of people in the same situation where the banks have dropped the interest rate but want to find out more before i ring them,so if anyone has been trough a similar situtation,or has any advice i would be very greatfull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

you can ask the bank to convert the credit card debt to a short term loan. interest will be around 14%. It is till high, but it is lower, than you have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Transfer your credit card to another provider who is offering 0% interest for 9 or 12mts. This will give you a chance to attack the capital and will work out cheaper than a loan.

EBS are doing 0% for 10mts at the moment http://www.ebs.ie/site/all/Members%20Credit%20Card?Opendocument

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Transfer your credit card to another provider who is offering 0% interest for 9 or 12mts. This will give you a chance to attack the capital and will work out cheaper than a loan.

EBS are doing 0% for 10mts at the moment http://www.ebs.ie/site/all/Members%20Credit%20Card?Opendocument

The only good if the Op's card is not with MBNA, the EBS card is issued by MBNA and they wont give 0% for debt from another MBNA card.

Advertisement