Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of dog neutering?

• 16-02-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

can someone help me here,, I have a male german shepherd 6 months old who is gonna get the snip real soon.. in longford town (if there is anyone from around this area) can anyone tell me how much this is to get done?? also I don't know if there is any truth in this but if your on the dole (which I am and probably you too) apparantly its cheaper if you make a donation to the ISPCA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

I wish I was on the dole! Apparently its about 20 quid in your case, u should be able to get a form from your vet. Its usually about 180 for a shepherd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

**Vai** wrote: »
    I wish I was on the dole! Apparently its about 20 quid in your case, u should be able to get a form from your vet. Its usually about 180 for a shepherd.

Dogs Trust run a neutering scheme for people on social welfare so that it cost €20 to have a dog neutered - not every vet does it and as far as I know the vouchers are like gold dust.

OP, you will need to contact Dogs Trust to see if you can get one and you may have to ring around vet practices to see if anybody near you does it. If you are lucky enough and your own vet does it, they may be able to sort out a voucher for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭been-mad-4-yrs

grand .. cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

**Vai** wrote: »
    Its usually about 180 for a shepherd.

Totally overpriced.

its sound now I got it for 20 quid thanks to those dog trust vouchers.. he is booked in for the morning.. thanks for all the replies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

its sound now I got it for 20 quid thanks to those dog trust vouchers.. he is booked in for the morning.. thanks for all the replies!!

How did you get one? Do you just ring DT? Thanks.

I went to the nearest vet told them the story: on the dole etc. they just needed my dole receipt/pps no. and 20 quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got this done also guess they over looked this in the budget:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

dave1982 wrote: »
    Got this done also guess they over looked this in the budget:D

You don't have the government to thank for this scheme. It's Dogs Trust that pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

Its a great scheme but like most things they are struggling as well - think the vets that are taking part in the scheme only got one book of vouchers so if anyone wants to get their dog done I'd say get it done now to make sure you can get it at the reduced price.

120e is not bad for a german sheppard - I was quoted 145 for my rottie and my terrier I got a quote of 140e in our local vets ended up driving to Slane to get her done for 50e

• Advertisement

Thanks OP rang a local vet and have her booked in for Monday morning, silly me didnt think it would be that easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I think that they have just released the new books of vouchers, once they're gone, that'll be it for another year.

ISDW wrote: »
    I think that they have just released the new books of vouchers, once they're gone, that'll be it for another year.

Ya one vet I rang got the vouchers end of January and were all booked out.

Advertisement