Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Types of Immersion in your gaming experience

Options
  • 16-02-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hello there,

First off, I want to say thanks to the mod who gave me permission to post about my topic of study here! I’ve been a gamer back as far as I can remember, mainly playing computer games (CRPGs, MMOs & Puzzle games mostly), RPGs, card games, and board games, and my PhD (in the School of Psychology in UCC) has brought the opportunity to do some research into the hobby, specifically in the area of immersion in games.

At the moment, I’m carrying out a questionnaire about the Vividness of Visual Imagery and experiences of the types of immersion present in different types of games, and would be extremely grateful if anybody has a spare 20 minutes in which to fill it out.

If you have any questions or concerns about the survey or about taking part in this study, please feel free to post here and spark off discussion. Alternatively, you can contact me separately at immersiveresponse@gmail.com or my postgraduate supervisor, Dr. Jurek Kirakowski, at jzk@ucc.ie

Thank you,

Noirin Curran

The questionnaire can be found here:

http://tiny.cc/immersiveresponse

or

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEVlRjhrV0ZJcWYwSWlueUxlblNBaXc6MQ

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I filled it in. Good luck with the phd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Filled it in too, though my power went half way through it so I'm not sure if the first two pages are complete now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Done here too.... good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Filled it in also, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭n0irin

Thank you so much guys!

landsleaving, I checked it out and I'm fairly sure it completed, there's no missing sections on my side! Thanks for filling it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

That's grand, good luck with it, looks pretty interesting.

Advertisement