Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc Tablet??????

Options
  • 16-02-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hello,

i was wondering could anyone suggest a Tablet for me, i am going to be doing alot of travelling lately and the laptop i will be bringing is a work one with no webcam, i know i could easily buy a webcam and that would solve my issue i just think i will be on the move alot and a handy size tablet would do the trick.

the main reason i want one is to have one with a camera to skype, various contacts, family, girlfriend.

i have seen a few around but dont know much about them,
    a friend of mine tells me to stay away from the chinese based ones, apads,epads.. etc as they cant be upgraded or rooted as he calls it.

all i am looking for is a tablet with operating system or firmware that can be updated,

that doesnt run slow or frezze up

and that has a camera/mic on it for skype.

that apps on it can be deleted(chinese or otherwise)

and the big one the price range up to 150 euro..

any help is appreicated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

To be honest with you, you're never going to get a tablet for that price. I was thinking the Galaxy Tab but that's like 600/700 euro. You're best off just buying a webcam I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Definitely get a cheapish web cam. A tablet would just be an extra thing to carry around, and an extra thing to keep charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You can search around the web for a cheap chinese Windows 7 tablet. I doubt you will get anything decent at that price though.

Advertisement