Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing no more nails

• 16-02-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Is there anyway to dissolve no more nails. tried it on a door saddle/threshold which was loose but it seems the ground is not completely level so it wopuld not stick. So now i have NMN on the floor and saddle and saddle will not lie flat

Do i have to sand it to get flat and when i do what is best to stick to cement floor. I tried a sandpaper block but it has not much affect be ages. wher can i get a cheap sander?

what grade of sandpaper would need for that? Very coarse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its on the back of the door saddle, then you should be able to horse it off the back of it with a scraper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

If its on the back of the door saddle, then you should be able to horse it off the back of it with a scraper.
    yes it is but i do not want to damage the back either. the floor is cement. when i get it off what is best to glue saddle to floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    yes it is but i do not want to damage the back either. the floor is cement. when i get it off what is best to glue saddle to floor

No more nails or gripfill will do as an adhesive, but you need to remove all of the loose material before you try to bond them.

Alternatively, you could screw it down.
    What difference does it make if you mark the back of it, since it'll not be seen?

Advertisement