Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webinar Software/Service?

• 16-02-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to ask this!!

I want to host a weekly webinar to a small group (usually less than 10) of participants where the main content will be a PowerPoint presentation with me speaking on each slide.

My priorities are that the solution I go with is:-

1. A hosted SAAS type solution on a monthly or pay as you play type service fee.
    2. Is professional and high quality - don't want potential clients to be bombarded with adverts etc which a) distract them and b) make them wonder why I'm using a Free / Cheapskate solution.
    3. Is easy for the potential clients to connect to. My preference would be for them to be able to conect directly via whatever browser they use without having to install any software at all.
    4. I'd like an all in one audio solution i.e. audio VOIP, not via seperate conference call.
    5. I'd like to be able to mask the names of participants from each other. Confidentiality is an important issue.
    6. I'd like their acceptance of the webinar invitation to put a meeting into their Outlook calendar.

I know GoToMeeting is the market leader so I guess I'm looking for something to benchmark that against? WebHuddle sounded good but when I tested it it was a bit flaky and when attendees tried to connect their browser brought up warnings about security certificates not being in date. The people I'll be presenting to are potential clients I haven't yet met so I don't want them thinking I'm using dodgy software in any way.

Thoughts anyone?

Ben
    Post edited by yoyo on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've used webex before in work for online meetings. I found it very useful, i believe you can get a free demo trial period also!

webex

• Registered Users Posts: 1 karfageniiy

Thank you for sharing this webinar about software as a service (SaaS). If you're interested in learning more about SaaS application development, you might find this guide by <SNIP> helpful. It provides a comprehensive overview of what SaaS is and how to develop a successful SaaS product. Let us know if you have any questions!

Post edited by yoyo on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I'm presuming your #4 requirement is for attendees to be able to speak during the webinar?

I use Google Meet for most of my online activity, which would hit all of your requirements barring #5.

I have also used Webex a lot in the last few months, which I find much more clunky than Meet, but it probably hits everything you need.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Its been 12 years, I hope they sorted it out already!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Remove spam reference & close thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement