Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden working on new album

Options
  • 16-02-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

2011 looks like it's going to be a great year for rock :D

Here are photos of them recording -

http://grungereport.net/?p=2823

And here's some good inside info on what to expect -

http://grungereport.net/?p=2837

seatut73 (who works for the well respected Easy Street Records in Seattle which hosted a Pearl Jam Backspacer release party in 2009) posted the following on the PearlJam.com forums regarding new Soundgarden material:

I got to hear 2 new songs a few weeks ago…one was very VERY rocking…the other had Ben singing on it, sounded a lot like a Mark Lanegan tune (which is good)…will be interesting to see what else they come up with…

Because of seatut73′s affiliation with Easy Street Records I tend to believe him.

This makes sense, because Cornell has moved back to Seattle, presumably for the recording of new material.

What do ye think, should they just leave their legacy to the past or is this welcome?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

2011 looks like it's going to be a great year for rock :D

What do ye think, should they just leave their legacy to the past or is this welcome?

I say the more new material the better, its been far to long without new stuff from Soundgarden(besides the best of unreleased tracks) of course! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh excellent news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Can't wait for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

HBK wrote: »
    I say the more new material the better, its been far to long without new stuff from Soundgarden(besides the best of unreleased tracks) of course! :)

What's the story with those unreleased tracks anyway?

Advertisement