Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in D15

Options
  • 16-02-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Which is your favourite Starbucks in D15?

Personally I like either the New Look one or the one in the Centre (though it can be very dark....)

I love the free wifi and the consistency in product!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I don't like the coffee in Starbucks ! So none for me I am afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I don't like the coffee in Starbucks ! So none for me I am afraid.

That's fair enough - it's all subjective...

My OH can't stand Starbucks but loves Costa.
    Me, I don't like the coffee from Costa.

Co-workers swear by BB's coffee - I'd rather drink tar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I love the staff in Starbucks. The ones in new look are particularly knowledgeable and helpful.

Wish we had Dunkin Donuts in ireland. For the coffee.......and the donuts :D nyom nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I like the one at the retail park, beside the new bus stops. Staff are friendly and you can always find a seat !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I'm no fan of Starbucks coffee, and I find most of their D15 cafes a bit dirty (uncleaned tables, badly-stained chairs etc.) - the one beside Wagamama/Captain America's is probably the best. The one big advantage they have is late opening hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

amdublin wrote: »
    Wish we had Dunkin Donuts in ireland. For the coffee.......and the donuts :D nyom nyom

We did back in the 90s. I've never actually had a coffee in Starbucks, I go purely for their super hot chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I dont mind the coffee is starbucks in blanch as the starbucks card lets you add extra shots to the weak blend they use, one thing that really bugs me is the staff putting the chairs up and blocking sections from about 8 onwards so your forced to sit where they want. A mate of mine has walked out over it before without ordering as it does his head in, go ahead get out early if you can but when staff roll their eyes as you walk in as if your an inconvenience its a bit much.

The sbucks in new look are particularly bad for this as is the store downstairs in the main centre.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    I dont mind the coffee is starbucks in blanch as the starbucks card lets you add extra shots to the weak blend they use, one thing that really bugs me is the staff putting the chairs up and blocking sections from about 8 onwards so your forced to sit where they want. A mate of mine has walked out over it before without ordering as it does his head in, go ahead get out early if you can but when staff roll their eyes as you walk in as if your an inconvenience its a bit much.

The sbucks in new look are particularly bad for this as is the store downstairs in the main centre.

Am in agreement with all of the above.

Love the card too - €1.50 for a filter coffee with an extra shot of espresso. Delish!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    We did back in the 90s. I've never actually had a coffee in Starbucks, I go purely for their super hot chocolate.

Yes Dunkin' Donuts on Grafton Street - the donuts were very tasty indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Boston cremes and Apple and spice.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sharrow wrote: »
    Apple and spice.......

So you were that person who at them ! They were the least popular, apple and cinnamon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I am not a fan of the starbucks in D15 at all. Thought they would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

ThisRegard wrote: »

Butlers do a nicer hot chocolate. Get the cookie one! there's an Oreo in the bottom. Delish!

Butlers do a nicer hot chocolate. Get the cookie one! there's an Oreo in the bottom. Delish!

:( Sorry not a fan of Butlers.....

Jaysoose wrote: »
    one thing that really bugs me is the staff putting the chairs up and blocking sections from about 8 onwards so your forced to sit where they want. A mate of mine has walked out over it before without ordering as it does his head in, go ahead get out early if you can but when staff roll their eyes as you walk in as if your an inconvenience its a bit much.

Omg I hate this as well!!!

And they BANG the chairs as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Cant say I particularly like Starbucks or their coffee, but then I'm not a fan of coffee shops anyway. I'd never go into one if I'm on my own shopping, but Mrs G cant seem to spend an hour or two in the centre or in town without hitting a coffee shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭alandublin15

hate the way they make you order in some strange camp, san fran, way. ..ooh id love two grande macciatos thank you saesar. who orders like that - other than graham norton and his life partner diesel.
    they should have a straight mans menu. coffee number two, and a packet of digestives luv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

They don't sell digestives but you can just order a cup of coffee. They're not idiots. :P

hate the way they make you order in some strange camp, san fran, way. ..ooh id love two grande macciatos thank you saesar. who orders like that - other than graham norton and his life partner diesel.
    they should have a straight mans menu. coffee number two, and a packet of digestives luv.

Yes I was told by a staff member that I could order a "Red Eye" instead of asking for a filter coffee with a shot of expresso.

No thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is there a Starbucks in D15 that isn't in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre complex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No, all 5 are in and around the centre

Five :eek:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, shocking, isn't it? There's 1 beside Leisureplex, 1 beside Captain Americas, 1 in New Look, 1 in the centre near M&S and another in the cinema.

Zaph wrote: »
    Yep, shocking, isn't it? There's 1 beside Leisureplex, 1 beside Captain Americas, 1 in New Look, 1 in the centre near M&S and another in the cinema.

And another one in the Ebay Building near the Quinn Building.

SIX!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

There hasn't been one in the eBay building for well over 2 years now actually. So it's 5.

kyub wrote: »
    There hasn't been one in the eBay building for well over 2 years now actually. So it's 5.

Sorry for the misinformation Kyub. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Zaph wrote: »

Starbucks' strategy is to saturate an area with its cafes. Each additional cafe reduces the revenue of the existing Starbucks, but also removes some of the local competition, and as the franchise revenue is going back to the parent company anyway they don't lose.

There's an argument that having lots of cafes is also beneficial for customers (more empty seats etc.), but I don't buy that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The amount of Starbucks cafes in and immediately around the Blanchardstown Centre is ridiculous.

Starbucks have a completely uneven pattern of distribution around both Dublin and the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kyub wrote: »
    They don't sell digestives but you can just order a cup of coffee. They're not idiots. :P

You are known as a Subway Virgin if you go into a Subway and order your sandwich without starting with bread type followed by length, sub choice, toasted, salads etc. Any deviation of this order will be greatly frowned upon! :rolleyes:

I hear you about Starbucks though, before I got familiar with the lingo , I went to one in the States (before they opened in Ireland) and just wanted coffee with milk (they couldn't understand my order and I was not familiar with Americanos or filter coffee - both would have done). I think I ended up with a frappacino :mad:

Advertisement