Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTHOLES BEING FILLED---ELECTION CAVASSING---COINCIDENCE

Options
  • 16-02-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

as the title suggests.
    is it just me, or are there an awful lot of potholes being filled.
    a lot of potholes appeared around home during the frost and i told the wife not to worry as they would be sorted before the general elction. the last ones were done just before the by-election.

anyone else notice this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

I wish they would canvass up my way then. They probably can't get past the potholes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wouldnt want the canvassers breaking their cars :D

mind a lot of roads need resurfacing more than potholes filled after the last 2 winters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Potholes being fixed, announcement of a major extension to Sligo hospital etc naw your being parodied ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Saw Fianna Fail running around in a new range rover with speakers on the roof, no worries of potholes there, and people say they have lost touch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I drove from Raphoe to castlefinn the other night, no ptoholes fixed there I can assure ya, my heart was in my mouth for most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

st johnston to raphoe via ballylennon and the white cross, is unbelievable, FMB's man boobs would be bouncing well on this.

not one canvasser has come near my door, wonder why????

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

I actually had what might be considered a canvasser call to the house today. :rolleyes: He put some FF leaflets into the letterbox and sped off down the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

There is similar stuff going on all over the country I do believe, one last show from FF to show us they can actually do stuff for us (if they want to)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A big one outside my driveway filled last week. I was glad to see it as it was like a swimming pool.

But I still won't be voting for them

Advertisement