Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Stuff

Options
  • 16-02-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Could anyone tell me where I might be able to purchase a wind up egg timer that can time down from an hour?

I'm also looking for a strong magnet that could hold something the weight of a phone.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

€2 Shop always worth a look for that sort of randomness. Or Dealextreme.com if you're not in a rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'd try Ryans.

I know that they have the magnetic bars for hoding knives, which hod a decent weight. Just be sure that the phone isn't one that has a bad reaction to magnets!

As for the egg timer, you could also try Wooden Heart; I'm pretty sure that they do chess timers, so egg timers shouldn't be a big leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Thanks guys, I'll give them a look when I get off work.

Don't worry Fey, it's not a phone I'm using on the magnet, it's just about the same weight. Whereabouts is Ryans?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

Speakers have strong magnets in them, find an old speaker and pull the magnet out of the back, I have one big enough to hold my own weight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Attempt 2 at this post! Attempt 1 disappeared somewhere.

Ryans is on Lombard Street opposite where the market is on a Saturday.

Bildo; great suggestion about the magnets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Great suggestion Bildo, I'll look at finding an old speaker.

Thanks Fey, I'll drop in there when I get a chance.

Advertisement