Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Alert - Genuine Warning

Options
  • 16-02-2011 6:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

In the last few days two separate incidents have been mentioned to me about an apparent black car and dark tinted windows, going around the Drogheda area.
    - Possible Tipperary registration number but not confirmed -
    A man is apparently trying to pick up kids. In one case, a young girl on her own and in another, two young kids.
    In both cases, the children had the good sense not to do as the man ordered from his car, to "get in".

YES - The matter as far as I know, has been reported to the Gardi.

PLEASE - now is good time once again to warn young children NOT to get into cars with strangers or go off with strangers.

Please do let other people know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nemammy

I have had reports from other parents and friends that a man in a dark car was seen hanging around two schools here last week. When his number plate was about to be taken it was found to be blacked out! car matches the description as above so can only presume that this person is one in the same.

Gardi were informed.

For the safety of our children please warn them of the dangers of talking to strangers and NOT going off with anyone they don't know, no matter what that person says.

Advertisement