Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software upgrade causing problems

• 16-02-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any problems since the last software upgrade?
    I'm assuming this is whats causing problems for me,
    i have a good few programes/movies recorded on my sky+hd box, but when i went to view one of them today, it asked me for the pin number even though i never set up parental control on the box.
    Even trying to watch already viewed programes it asked for pin.
    How do i overwrite the pin to reset it for no pin ( no need for it )
    I thought that i might be loosing me mind :P and set it up without knowing:eek: and tried a few pins that i might have used but that locked me out for ten minutes:mad: even tried a few numbers off the back of the viewing card but to no avail:(
    If i can help it i don't want to ring sky and get through to someone in india, i'm not great at speeking them forgin speaks:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Problem sorted.
    Found out the default pin is the last 4 digits of the viewing card.
    Unfortunatly sky sent out the new white cards last year, and the old blue one is long since gone:mad:
    Set up account online with sky.com/ireland, and after a few minutes had the pin reset:)
    Hope this will be of some help to other boardies;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Alot of the newly introduced White Replacement cards come with a default pin of "0000" "4Zeros" ...for any1 else that mite find themseleves in this predicement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

steveon wrote: »
    Alot of the newly introduced White Replacement cards come with a default pin of "0000" "4Zeros" ...for any1 else that mite find themseleves in this predicement.

Hi steveon, i tried 0000, 1234, 7890 and various other combinations and they did not work (on my white card anyway, but they might work for someone else)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I tried 4 zeros a couple of times to sucess however if you input incorrect pin a couple of times in quick sucession you wont be able to try again I think for a period of 15 minutes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Anyone have any problems since the last software upgrade?
    I'm assuming this is whats causing problems for me,
    i have a good few programes/movies recorded on my sky+hd box, but when i went to view one of them today, it asked me for the pin number even though i never set up parental control on the box.
    Even trying to watch already viewed programes it asked for pin.
    How do i overwrite the pin to reset it for no pin ( no need for it )
    I thought that i might be loosing me mind :P and set it up without knowing:eek: and tried a few pins that i might have used but that locked me out for ten minutes:mad: even tried a few numbers off the back of the viewing card but to no avail:(
    If i can help it i don't want to ring sky and get through to someone in india, i'm not great at speeking them forgin speaks:D

anyone gettings issue with the HD box since upgrade where it is really sticky to change chanels, disply menu on screen, generally just very sluggish. Also mine is connected with hdmi. I turn on TV, select correct hdmi xhannelk, turn on sky box then purple screen. I then turn off sky box and back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

anyone gettings issue with the HD box since upgrade where it is really sticky to change chanels, disply menu on screen, generally just very sluggish. Also mine is connected with hdmi. I turn on TV, select correct hdmi xhannelk, turn on sky box then purple screen. I then turn off sky box and back to normal.

Yeah, there is an issue alright. They are working on it and have released a "Beta" update that was available to download for a day during the week (26.70). See the help forum on Sky: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Sky-3D/Update-Early-release-of-26-70/td-p/40819

Yeah, there is an issue alright. They are working on it and have released a "Beta" update that was available to download for a day during the week (26.70). See the help forum on Sky: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Sky-3D/Update-Early-release-of-26-70/td-p/40819

i guessed as much. I reset the box last night and it seems a bit better since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

i guessed as much. I reset the box last night and it seems a bit better since

That update I mentioned only available for 12 hours and if you missed the time window you'd get the update that you have already - it's only in beta testing and is not widely available yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

Have a samsung box and changing the channels is an ordeal at this stage it is quicker to put in the channel number rather than go up/down the epg. Other issue is the box when coming off standby stays on a blue screen (sometimes pink) for ages and then goes to the channel.

All this since the recent software upgrade. Any updates on when sky might fix these problems.

mburke wrote: »
    Have a samsung box and changing the channels is an ordeal at this stage it is quicker to put in the channel number rather than go up/down the epg. Other issue is the box when coming off standby stays on a blue screen (sometimes pink) for ages and then goes to the channel.

All this since the recent software upgrade. Any updates on when sky might fix these problems.

i called sky about this and they checked which version SW I have, I have a trial version and not sure how I got it on my box. They have tried to push me a current good version but my box not taking it. they've no outcome on this and the guy said there are thousands of callers into their centre about this one but no solution. They refused to offer compensation as I can still view channels.

• Advertisement

i called sky about this and they checked which version SW I have, I have a trial version and not sure how I got it on my box. They have tried to push me a current good version but my box not taking it. they've no outcome on this and the guy said there are thousands of callers into their centre about this one but no solution. They refused to offer compensation as I can still view channels.

Somewhat typical of Sky, admit to an issue, have no resolution and charge full cost for it.

Time to depart from sky I think.

Samsung box is still very slow, epg is virtually unworkable.
    Rang sky and cancelled, they were going to send out an engineer but what is the point when the issue is software related.
    Interestingly I had more info on the issue that the sky rep on the phone.

I was offered discount on my sub to stay with sky but still cancelled.

Advertisement