Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming with Meteor Billpay

Options
  • 16-02-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Heading off for a few months soon, I'll be staying in Europe.
    I'm on meteor bill pay with a htc desire, 10gb data add on, but when I go it will be useless to me wont it? Or can I still use my data in a different country?

OR

Will I have to unlock the phone and get another 3G sim in another country and pay for that aswel as paying meteor?! :confused:
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Your correct with your second option.

All calls and texts will be charged for for, these are outside of your minutes/allowances as you are off your home network.

Data is charged at €10 per MB.

www.meteor.ie/roaming

You still have to pay meteor your minimum monthly commitment as you signed a 12 or 18 month contract agreeing to that.

Call them though, they may be able to suspend your account if your a particular length into your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

€10 per MB!?

I'd rather do without, just I will be using the internet to stay in touch, but not at prices like that :D

Second sim would be cheaper, pay as you go sim from another company maybe..

Yeah they might suspend the contract for a few months if I explain..

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    €10 per MB!?

I'd rather do without, just I will be using the internet to stay in touch, but not at prices like that :D

Second sim would be cheaper, pay as you go sim from another company maybe..

Yeah they might suspend the contract for a few months if I explain..

All of that is the best option IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

They will not suspend your contract "if you explain". Do you not understand what a binding contract is?

srsly78 wrote: »
    They will not suspend your contract "if you explain". Do you not understand what a binding contract is?

Meteor actually provide this service, if you are 3 or 6 months (not sure) into a contract. It's called a contract holiday and they will suspend your account for upto 3 months. However it will extend your contract length by the suspension period you have chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 zoky

Meteor actually provide this service, if you are 3 or 6 months (not sure) into a contract. It's called a contract holiday and they will suspend your account for upto 3 months. However it will extend your contract length by the suspension period you have chosen.

Not any more as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

srsly78 wrote: »

Yeah of course I do, but it was suggested before hand.. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the replies anyway fellas

Advertisement