Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for nice hotel for a weekend

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a hotel for a weekend in early March

Nothing too expensive...

Must haves:
    Pool and fitness centre
    nice food and resisdents bar
    fairly central. (don't mind a small bit of a walk from the centre)

Its for a few adults going away for a weekend so don't need any facilites for children etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

We stayed in The Salthill Hotel last weekend. 2 Couples - €87 a night per room (I think!!!) through Hotels.com
    It's a litle bit outside of the City Centre on the prom in Salthill but otherwise perfect.

Nice Bar & rooms, decent enough restaurant and the best Leisure complex I've seen in any hotel in Ireland. Friendly staff as well and will definitely stay there again.
    Great location IMO, close enough to town but the walk on the beach/prom is all the easier for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pink16

Would it be walking distance to the city centre???

Kinda looking for somehting not more than 5/10 min walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

It's probably a good 15 minute walk.

The one thing that I did't like about Galway was the price of the Taxis'.
    €12 into town seemed excessive.(Same each time - 4 trips in all) There was €4.50 + €5 on the meter before we even started.
    Mimd you, there were 4 of us each time and they were all vans that could easily take 3 or 4 more.

I'd still recommend the hotel though - and esp the leisure centre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Not many city centre hotels have a leisure centre, your could look at the

http://www.radisson.com/
    http://www.harbour.ie/Haven%20Spa

Both city centre located.

If u find a reasonable deal, nothing comes close to the Radisson. Never heard a bad word about it. Not too sure about a very late residents bar tho. U could ask them of course. Hope you have a great weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement