Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suede to play three dates in the Olympia.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Brett did a short interview with Jools Holland a few weeks back,he said theyll be working on new material......but,they wont be releasing it unless theyre 100% happy with it and they feel its up there with their best...

So....thats a maybe theyll be back,tbh i dont think they were ever the same after Bernard left(was fired,whatever!)"Coming Up" had some good tunes but still nowhere near the first two for me,and the later albums?......less said the better

Im hoping to get the reissue of "Suede" in the post today actually(have "DMS" ordered too but its not out till next week)the extras on the reissues look fantastic and like a lot of thought and effort has gone into it,certainly a lot better than 99% of re-releases out there

Totally agree, Excellent value for money & Not a total rip off like most bands try charging, I Received my Pre order copy this morning, was signed by the band Inc Bernard Butler. I'd deffo love to see them here again soon enough tho, A band that Great shouldn't have a hiatus for that long, Actually like a few songs off the last 2 albums, but there's nothing like the first 3 is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Coming up.
    Signed by the band?? wtf? did you order it off thier official site or something? i got mine off Play.com for 12 quid,excellent value for the content

Yeah the first three are what theyll be remembered for,i think i only listened to "Head Music" once the whole way through,it was just fairly poor,every now and then i tried a few off it but it did nothing for me,but i did/do like some of it,only know "Positivity" off the last album.....and i actually like it....seriously:o,it got slated but i was happy to see them do something a little out of character,the lyrics for me where the biggest problem by the end,Brett was still writing about the same thing just not as well,only heard a few others off the last but i just felt the game was up,i think they had to take that hiatus,that last one didnt even make the top 20,they knew themselves they had reached a dead end,id love to see them make another great album.....but tbh i think its very unlikely,if i was to do a top 10 or 20 Suede songs 90% of it would be Bernard era stuff,even the Bsides with him tower over the later stuff

Im thinking of getting the deluxe "Coming Up" as well,i never upgraded that one to cd.......and it does have a 1994 gig on it.....and it is very reasonably priced.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Signed by the band?? wtf? did you order it off thier official site or something? i got mine off Play.com for 12 quid,excellent value for the content

Yeah the first three are what theyll be remembered for,i think i only listened to "Head Music" once the whole way through,it was just fairly poor,every now and then i tried a few off it but it did nothing for me,but i did/do like some of it,only know "Positivity" off the last album.....and i actually like it....seriously:o,it got slated but i was happy to see them do something a little out of character,the lyrics for me where the biggest problem by the end,Brett was still writing about the same thing just not as well,only heard a few others off the last but i just felt the game was up,i think they had to take that hiatus,that last one didnt even make the top 20,they knew themselves they had reached a dead end,id love to see them make another great album.....but tbh i think its very unlikely,if i was to do a top 10 or 20 Suede songs 90% of it would be Bernard era stuff,even the Bsides with him tower over the later stuff

Im thinking of getting the deluxe "Coming Up" as well,i never upgraded that one to cd.......and it does have a 1994 gig on it.....and it is very reasonably priced.....

Hey Joe,

I Ordered it about 3 weeks ago off their official site, was the first 50 orders of each one that were signed, I'm gonna get all first 3, Excellent they are, well worth it, As for the gigs, I'd love to see them again, even if it means going over to the UK, I really hope this isn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Coming up.
    ****....would have loved to have gotten a signed one,i got my "Suede" in the post yesterday,loving it....but its really DMS im waiting for,got my email it was posted today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

CiaranC wrote: »
    Lifelong Suede fan here; didnt go. These promoters need to learn that the days of the 50 quid concert ticket are over.

hey Ciaran, I'd have been to at least one of the nights had I been in the Country, I know what you are saying, but I think we are far from the end of the 50 concert in small venues, there's still a huge amount of denial on this Island about the state of business - so many retailers not understanding that keeping the prices at an all time high won't sell stuff.....

nice to see some recently announced gigs for places like the Olympia are down to 30quid, which is the way they should all go......

Luke - will give you a shout later, glad you enjoyed the gig....

• Advertisement
Advertisement