Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

doesnt seem like a big penelty but you will wish you had all the money you lost later on.

Ask the internetz...the internet has lots of money...give him some of that money !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Just got the game today and really enjoying it, but surprisingly hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was enjoying it, until I loaded up my last save, which didn't bother saving about 5 quests that I had finished. So I'll have to go back and play through them all again. Annoyed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was enjoying it, until I loaded up my last save, which didn't bother saving about 5 quests that I had finished. So I'll have to go back and play through them all again. Annoyed now.

That is a major annoyance, no save option.

I found myself running around until I save the auto save pop up before I quit.

So much of this game screams unfinished :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The save function is really annoying, considering the length some of these quest take. I've had plenty of quests seemingly wipe out on my on returning to the game, nothing game-breaking just irritating.

Zombie combat is fun but when dealing with human enemies it's clunky. The odd time you could be flinging kicks or smacking them with the most upgraded weapons and the humans don't even flinch and have you wiped in one second.

It's not an awful game but considering the amount of time this game has been in development it still feels unfinished. They did capture the feeling of a zombie apocalypse perfectly. I love those moments when I run around the corner, come across a shìtload of them, hop up on a car and start fighting them off around it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    That is a major annoyance, no save option.

I found myself running around until I save the auto save pop up before I quit.

So much of this game screams unfinished :(
    *Looks at the 50 euro saved in my wallet*:pac:
    thought it's only 22 since you traded in deus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I would presume there is going to be a patch released to fix this save game issue or is that just the way the game plays???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My friends tell me you can't disable ingame VOIP . It's extremely echoey and trying to use ventrilo makes it worse.
    How retarded is that !! , every modern game ships with a "disable" voip function these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

SeantheMan wrote: »
    My friends tell me you can't disable ingame VOIP . It's extremely echoey and trying to use ventrilo makes it worse.
    How retarded is that !! , every modern game ships with a "disable" voip function these days

You cant disable it sadly, but the quality is near enough to the same quality as skype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

this whole saving thing is annoying. other than that I am enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You cant disable it sadly, but the quality is near enough to the same quality as skype

Its great that player dont seem to know about it.

I was playing in a guys game and I guess his vent key was bound to the same button.

"Yeah, playing with some randomer. Just ran him down and left him to die a while back. Ha, yeah, spastic"

*me presses enter and types "I can hear you, you know"

Also its a great touch that the only fat people on the island are dead already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

good thing i took space marine so. saved me 40 quid. i might pick it up on zavvi.co.uk in 2 months for 15eu

good thing i took space marine so. saved me 40 quid. i might pick it up on zavvi.co.uk in 2 months for 15eu
    Played it 5 hours straight last night on coop, something I would normally never do. Best gaming session I had all year. So very addictive. These complaints that people have are so very nit-picky. I'm playing the 360 version BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Played it 5 hours straight last night on coop, something I would normally never do. Best gaming session I had all year. So very addictive. These complaints that people have are so very nit-picky. I'm playing the 360 version BTW.

well, not saying its worse game ever. no point for me buying now and suffer from all bugs. most likely this game will be cheap online in next 1-2 month. PC version suffring more then console one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Fired this up last night on pc, played for a couple hours. Loving it so far especially the whole rpg style elements. Just wandering off the quest paths and exploring. Nice few jumps aswell when walking around dark buildings. Havent encountered any glitches yet but sweet mother of jesus the screen tearing at the start was a joke! Playing it on max settings but i had to manually alter the video file settings from the desktop to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Was the xbox version patched?
    I just bought it and there's no update prompt when I load the game up.
    (Live is working fine.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I heard this game was buggy but ive played for 4 hours and dont think ive met a bug.

Compared to RO2, which im also playing, is probably one of the buggiest games ive played in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sickening, I met a Floater, threw my 3 best sharp weapons at him and for no reason he goes through the floor and takes them with him.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Spunge wrote: »
    I heard this game was buggy but ive played for 4 hours and dont think ive met a bug.

Compared to RO2, which im also playing, is probably one of the buggiest games ive played in recent years.

RO2 is a beta, so that's not a fair comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

grizzly wrote: »
    RO2 is a beta, so that's not a fair comparison.

Well, it's releasing in 3 days so i don't think there's going to be a huge difference between now and tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Played it for 6hrs so far and love it, no issues apart from 2 cases of some very minor graphical tearing in the distance.

Surprisingly tough and the tutorial is non existent really, kinda have to figure things out for yourself but doesn't take long. Combat is repetitive but the I find the rpg element makes up for it. zombie respawning needs to lowered a bit. Despite all the criticism above im really enjoying it. PC btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Played for about an hour, very nice game. Combat is nice and meaty :pac: and the sheer size of the initial map is huge. Had to quit after my first bug: went into a downstairs toilets and when I exited there was an invisible "roof" over the exit so couldnt walk out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

So is it worth buying or would i get enough out of a weekend rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Asmodean wrote: »
    Fired this up last night on pc, played for a couple hours. Loving it so far especially the whole rpg style elements. Just wandering off the quest paths and exploring. Nice few jumps aswell when walking around dark buildings. Havent encountered any glitches yet but sweet mother of jesus the screen tearing at the start was a joke! Playing it on max settings but i had to manually alter the video file settings from the desktop to fix it.

How did you fix the tearing ? It's actually a really nice looking game but the tearing is ruining it ...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

When I have a PC game I can't enable v-sync on I use Riva Tuners direct 3D overrider feature. That always does the trick for me.

zero19 wrote: »
    So is it worth buying or would i get enough out of a weekend rental?

I would personally say that it's a purchase. If you have purchased Deus Ex, then you can trade that in to get Dead Island for a tenner from Game. Least that's the way it was on release day.

beno619 wrote: »
    How did you fix the tearing ? It's actually a really nice looking game but the tearing is ruining it ...

Read the link in my earlier post.

• Advertisement

Absolutely loving this game. Zombie Borderlands. Awesome.

Advertisement