Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, I've had no issues at all. Oh at the start in the hotel corridor, the music cut out for one second then came back. Happened again shortly after but hasn't happened since. As soon as i installed the game it installed the patch that fixes a lot of its bugs.

oh I'm tempted so :) deus ex was a let down for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dead Island only costs 8 euro in HMV if you trade either Driver or Deus Ex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dooooooooooooo it !!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

showed calex one of the most useful glitches ever. The item dupe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

*sniff* you had me at "Who do your Voodoo bitch?" *Cries*

anyone else a big fan of the intro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jumpy wrote: »
    *sniff* you had me at "Who do your Voodoo bitch?" *Cries*

anyone else a big fan of the intro?

reminded me of saints row actually,

Have who do you voodoo as my ringtone. might be inappropriate if it goes off around old people tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think I managed one of the most facepalm-inducing deaths ever when I killed myself with a door :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm enjoying the crap outta this so far.
    Zombies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Damn thug zombies are a real basterd to take down. They seem to every where and my only way of taking them down is run them over repeatedly with a car or Molotov which arent easy to procure.

• Advertisement

You need to jump back as they start swinging.

back+space

Personally I take both their arms off with my shotgun before I attack them with melee though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Reports that the first shipment of Dead Island copies have sold out in some outlets already due to higher demand than expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Sprinters feckin' 3 hit combo r really feckin' off! City is almost impossible solo. 4 walkers 2/3 sprinters and 1 ram EVERYWHERE! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Krieg wrote: »
    Damn thug zombies are a real basterd to take down. They seem to every where and my only way of taking them down is run them over repeatedly with a car or Molotov which arent easy to procure.

haha just sprint past them, i onced chopped both the arms off one and it headbutted me to dead. :o:pac:

Jumpy wrote: »
    Personally I take both their arms off with my shotgun before I attack them with melee though.
    Damn you, where'd ya get the shotgun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Reports that the first shipment of Dead Island copies have sold out in some outlets already due to higher demand than expected
    CDwow have yet to ship my preordered copy. Luckily I ordered Batman AA at the time and have been very surprised by how good it is (thought the demo was shyte), so that's keeping me occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

I actually kind of prefer this game solo. Gives it more a survival horror feel.

Just at the start of Act 2, exploring the city, the game is really picking up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

This game is so great. I love how its jsut regular schmoes surviving agaisnt the zombocalypse. Its (so far) not gone like later resis where its all OTT super camp bosses and giant global conspiracies and enormous screen filling monsters. Just you, a crowbar, and an island full of zombies. ****ing love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ScumLord wrote: »
    CDwow have yet to ship my preordered copy. Luckily I ordered Batman AA at the time and have been very surprised by how good it is (thought the demo was shyte), so that's keeping me occupied.

CDWOW, never, ever again. Got stung by them for customs charges on two games. Custom charges delivering to Ireland on a .ie business. A disgrace of a service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Tried to rent this on Friday but Xtra Vision weren't renting it out. WTF? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

out of 10 guys?

Whats Mplayer like? Is it only 2 player co-op? Me and a mate are looking at buying and hooking up over xbox live, people have good experiences with it?

Well i'm 6 hours in and just after starting chapter 3. Loving it so far! Just kept to single player for time being. This is everything I wanted from a zombie survival game. All the negative reviews nearly put me off this but so glad I got it. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

All the negative reviews nearly put me off this but so glad I got it. Brilliant!

This is what i was thinking, all the negative reviews! But Im a big zombie fan + I know how cynical some internet people can be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

in spite of itself (on pc), I'm really quite enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Tried to rent this on Friday but Xtra Vision weren't renting it out. WTF? :(
    Yeah same, ended up buying it. Worth it, they deserve the money anyway, except for the shi**y glitches that apparently plague the game

I'm on PS3 and no glitches so far, 6 hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

I'm on PS3 and no glitches so far, 6 hours in.

I'm not sure how far I am in, but i'm on Chapter 6 and had one glitch with spawning slightly ahead of my supposed checkpoint. Nothing big really. Ps3 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

I've played Dead Island on the PC and I'm underwhelmed. Poor effort, zombies that re-appear if you return to the area you left, same applies to first aid and supplies. Bored of kicking zombies, really doesn't want me to keep playing. Too many energy drinks and the difficulty level is set too easy. A game best suited to consoles imo. And it's in funking daylight! There is no real hook to want me to play it for any considerable length of time.
    It's a shame really. 3/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I did the coop there, much more fun though they really need to sort out the voip soon, its stupid that you cant disable it and use TS. Thug zombies are much easier with 2 people.
    I only learned today that you can blow up canisters by throwing weapons at them, I thought guns would be the only way but even a boat oar will blow them up. Bit stupid tbh

Advertisement