Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Krieg wrote: »
    I did the coop there, much more fun though they really need to sort out the voip soon, its stupid that you cant disable it and use TS. Thug zombies are much easier with 2 people.

Yes much easier, one distracts the other clobbers them from behind. My partner had cut both arms off one and he tuned around and headbutted me as I went to attack him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

omerin wrote: »
    I've played Dead Island on the PC and I'm underwhelmed. Poor effort, zombies that re-appear if you return to the area you left, same applies to first aid and supplies. Bored of kicking zombies, really doesn't want me to keep playing. Too many energy drinks and the difficulty level is set too easy. A game best suited to consoles imo. And it's in funking daylight! There is no real hook to want me to play it for any considerable length of time.
    It's a shame really. 3/10

How long have you been playing? Run by zombies if ye don't want to kick them. As Pc gamer(and console gamer), I'm telling you it gets harder a bit later. My problem is the spawning system, it's like bioshock again. But you do lose money for dying. There is nighttime later as well. Also since you think it's only day time I take it your still in the first area, there's cars all over the place, just do quests and use cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

omerin wrote: »
    I've played Dead Island on the PC and I'm underwhelmed. Poor effort, zombies that re-appear if you return to the area you left, same applies to first aid and supplies. Bored of kicking zombies, really doesn't want me to keep playing. Too many energy drinks and the difficulty level is set too easy. A game best suited to consoles imo. And it's in funking daylight! There is no real hook to want me to play it for any considerable length of time.
    It's a shame really. 3/10

I heard it picks up a lot when you get to the city, apparently it gets way harder, and it becomes night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Has it got the scare factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Gandalph wrote: »
    Has it got the scare factor?

No, it has the atmosphere though so long as you play alone. Zombies are only scary because Resident evil odd angles and music made them so. They are what you'd expect them to be in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You get the odd jumps, some of those zombies are sneaky bastards. I'm sure things will get creepier when it comes to night time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Man the game is sold out everywhere, and by everywhere i mean the 3 shops i went to :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Man the game is sold out everywhere, and by everywhere i mean the 3 shops i went to :mad:
    Same, it was sold out in both Gamestop and GAME in the Square on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not worth playing until the next patch comes out anyway, I loaded up my save from last night earlier and lost 7 hours. No way I'm playing through that again because it may not save it again. And even if you delete the first patch and start playing from there, you can't complete quests because the game is broken. It's shameful that they released it like this, it's a great game but don't touch it until it's working properly.

Jericho, what platform you playing on? Can you say if you read my post on the last couple of pages about the save glitch and how to avoid it? losing 7 hours is crap man, would put me off playing again

• Advertisement

Jericho, what platform you playing on? Can you say if you read my post on the last couple of pages about the save glitch and how to avoid it? losing 7 hours is crap man, would put me off playing again

Playing on PS3, so if I choose, LAN - Co-Op, it should be fine?

Sorry bout double post stupid phone. Anyway, not sure man. I play on single player option and havnt encountered save glitch yet. I heard the glitch happens when your game is available for other people to join so lan should be ok. still sucks you lost that time. anyone on ps3 up for some co op tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

The game gets much harder as you go along, struggling without a co op partner in the city.

Also, could anybody help with this quest, trying to find someone
    Richard who says hes in a lifeguard tower by the beach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Best reason to own this on PC....MODS

Dead Island facebook page announced they are working on a new patch to cover all platforms and are listening to peoples feedback and issues. They will be providing details ASAP.

Played a couple more hours with the Co-op/LAN config. Quit to main menu, terrified to load up now but I'll do it.

Seems ok, cheers sheehy83.

cool! i'l be doing the same! When I do decide to go online for co-op, i'll prob go into someone elses game so won't have to worry about saves, although I hope it saves your levelling up for your single game as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yeah it does also saves what weapons you pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

anyone on ps3 wanna play co-op add me PSN: Vdka_Shotzz

• Advertisement

Just encountered my 1st glitch. On Misery Wagon on chapter 4. Don't use the truck to kill the zombies at the workshop. I sent one through the door where he was stuck and couldn't kill him, therefore mission was stuck. Had to reload last checkpoint which was just a minute away so not so bad but heads up. Plus I just found out how to heal myself stupid circle button facepalm!

Had a frustrating time getting the flares from the shipwrecks, I broke both of the Thugs arms but he kept nailing me, seemed he was absolutley fine every time I went back to him. He killed me about 10 times no lie.

anybody else come across the invisble boxes for the help sign?

Had a frustrating time getting the flares from the shipwrecks, I broke both of the Thugs arms but he kept nailing me, seemed he was absolutley fine every time I went back to him. He killed me about 10 times no lie.

Yupp, that was the 1st hard bit for me, ran out of weapons and kept getting killed. There is a red propane tank around there. throw it as feet and throw a stick or whatever, will kill him in one go.

You have to pick up boxes and place them in the 'see through' boxes to complete the sign

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, that was the 1st hard bit for me, ran out of weapons and kept getting killed. There is a red propane tank around there. throw it as feet and throw a stick or whatever, will kill him in one go.

You have to pick up boxes and place them in the 'see through' boxes to complete the sign
    I know that. The boxes were invisible, i picked them up and they became visible!

You mean the markers for where
    you have to drop the boxes to complete the sign
    :confused: Thats a quest not a glitch :D

calex71 wrote: »
    You mean the markers for where
    you have to drop the boxes to complete the sign
    :confused: Thats a quest not a glitch :D
    ha ha no the markers were semi visible the boxes were completely invisible!

Another glitch, none of the lads will make me molotovs, no matter how much booze I give them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    The game gets much harder as you go along, struggling without a co op partner in the city.

Also, could anybody help with this quest, trying to find someone
    Richard who says hes in a lifeguard tower by the beach

Just incase people that know the answer missed it on the last page :o:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Another glitch, none of the lads will make me molotovs, no matter how much booze I give them.

Bloody rip off merchants anyway, find the blue prints!!!!!
    end of act one in the hotel in in the room you rebbot the 1st server in on the floor

Advertisement